Match 20: South Africa v Bangladesh | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming 

The 20th match of the ICC Women’s World T20 2023 will be played between South Africa and Bangladesh on February 21 at Newlands in Cape Town. The game will begin at 10.30 PM IST (7 PM LOCAL).

Match 20: South Africa v Bangladesh | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming 

It will be the fourth and last league match of the tournament for both teams. While it is a must-win for South Africa to qualify for the semi-finals, for Bangladesh, it is a dead rubber as they have lost their previous three encounters in the competition.

Head-to-Head

South Africa and Bangladesh have played 10 T20Is against each other, out of which South Africa have won nine, and Bangladesh have won one.

Squads

South Africa: Sune Luus (c), Annerie Dercksen, Marizanne Kapp, Lara Goodall, Ayabonga Khaka, Chloe Tryon, Nadine de Klerk, Shabnim Ismail, Tazmin Brits, Masabata Klaas, Laura Wolvaardt, Sinalo Jafta, Nonkululeko Mlaba, Anneke Bosch, Delmi Tucker

Bangladesh: Nigar Sultana Joty (c) Marufa Akter, Fargana Hoque Pinky, Fahima Khatun, Shorna Akter, Salma Khatun, Jahanara Alam, Shamima Sultana, Murshida Khatun, Nahida Akter, Rumana Ahmed, Lata Mondol, Ritu Moni, Disha Biswas, Sobhana Mostary

Players to watch

Marizanne Kapp:

The star all-rounder of South Africa was the most successful bowler in her last appearance against Australia. She bagged 2/21 in four overs, coming into bowl as the first change. Besides her bowling, she is a steady batter.

Tazmin Brits: 

The right-handed opening batter of South Africa top-scored with a 36-ball 45 in the last game against Australia. She hammered six boundaries and one six in her entertaining innings. She stitched a 54-run partnership with her opening partner Laura Wolvaardt.

Also Read:  My mother is the reason I never gave up, despite all the hardships : Nigar Sultana

Fahima Khatun:

Bangladesh’s wily right-arm leg-spinner was the bowlers’ pick in her last outing against New Zealand. She accounted for 2/36 in four overs, picking up both scalps in the 13th over. She was effective in the middle phase of the innings.

Shorna Akter: 

The all-rounder from Bangladesh made useful contributions with bat and ball in the last fixture against New Zealand. The right-handed middle-order batter starred with 22-ball 31, including four hits to the fence. She also claimed 1/12 in one over, bowling leg-spin.

Pitch

It will be the tournament’s ninth match at the venue, with the eighth being played early in the day. Out of the seven fixtures played here till February 20, the teams batting second have won four, and the teams batting first have won three. Batting-friendly conditions are expected. But spinners could also play a key role as the pitch has undergone wear and tear over the course of the tournament.

Weather

The weather is expected to see low clouds in the morning. Clouds will give way to some sun in the afternoon. The maximum temperature attained during the day will be 19 degrees Celsius. There will be a 62 percent cloud cover and a two percent chance of rain. The wind will blow from the southwest.

Fantasy Playing XI

Nigar Sultana, Tazmin Brits, Sune Luus, Laura Wolvaardt, Marizanne Kapp, Chloe Tryon, Shorna Akter, Nadine de Klerk, Nonkululeko Mlaba, Shabnim Ismail, Fahima Khatun

Match details

Date: February 21, 2023

Time: 10.30 PM IST (7 PM LOCAL)

Venue: Newlands, Cape Town

Also Read:  Match 18: India v Ireland | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming 

Live streaming: Star Sports Network

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here