Match 19: England v Pakistan | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming 

The 19th match of the ICC Women’s World T20 2023 will be played between England and Pakistan on February 21 at Newlands in Cape Town. The game will begin at 6.30 PM IST (3 PM LOCAL).

Match 19: England v Pakistan | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming 

It will be the fourth and last league match of the tournament for both teams. While England have been invincible in this competition, Pakistan have won one out of their three games.

Head-to-Head

England and Pakistan have played 13 T20Is against each other, out of which England have won 13, and Pakistan have won one.

Squads

England: Heather Knight (c), Lauren Bell, Maia Bouchier, Alice Capsey, Kate Cross, Freya Davies, Charlie Dean, Sophia Dunkley, Sophie Ecclestone, Sarah Glenn, Amy Jones, Katherine Sciver-Brunt, Nat Sciver-Brunt, Lauren Winfield-Hill, Danni Wyatt

Pakistan: Bismah Maroof (c), Aiman Anwar, Aliya Riaz, Ayesha Naseem, Sadaf Shamas, Fatima Sana, Javeria Wadood, Muneeba Ali, Nashra Sundhu, Nida Dar, Omaima Sohail, Sadia Iqbal, Sidra Amin, Sidra Nawaz, Tuba Hassan

Players to watch

Sarah Glenn:

The talented right-arm leg-spinner of England was the most successful bowler in her last appearance against India. She accounted for 2/27 in four overs. She was very effective in the middle overs and bagged the wickets of Smriti Mandhana and Jemimah Rodrigues.

Natalie Sciver-Brunt: 

The vice-captain of England won the player of the match award in the last game against India. The right-handed middle-order batter packed a punch with a 42-ball 50 studded with five boundaries. She also bowled a couple of overs and conceded 15 runs.

Nida Dar:

The experienced all-rounder of Pakistan was the pick of the bowlers in her last outing against West Indies. The wily off-spinner claimed 2/13 in four overs. She was also the most economical bowler for her side. With the bat, she scored 27 off 31.

Also Read:  Jemimah Rodrigues' comeback Fifty guides India to 7 Wicket Win against Pakistan

Aliya Riaz: 

The right-handed middle-order batter of Pakistan top-scored for her side in the last fixture against West Indies. She muscled 29 off 23, including four boundaries and gave a boost to Pakistan’s innings towards the fag end in the run chase.

Pitch

It will be the tournament’s eighth match at the venue. The teams batting second have won four, and the teams batting first have won three. Expect a batting-friendly wicket. A high-scoring contest could be on the cards. However, it is important to note that the surface has undergone a fair bit of wear and tear, and spinners may come in handy.

Weather

The weather is expected to see low clouds in the morning. Clouds will give way to some sun in the afternoon. The maximum temperature attained during the day will be 19 degrees Celsius. There will be a 62 percent cloud cover and a two percent chance of rain. The wind will blow from the southwest.

Fantasy Playing XI

Bismah Maroof, Heather Knight, Nida Dar, Natalie Sciver-Brunt, Alice Capsey, Aliya Riaz, Sophie Ecclestone, Nashra Sandhu, Sarah Glenn

Match details

Date: February 21, 2023

Time: 6.30 PM IST (3 PM LOCAL)

Venue: Newlands, Cape Town

Live streaming: Star Sports Network

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Also Read:  Match 17: UAE v Pakistan Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming
Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here