Match 11: Australia v Sri Lanka | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming 

The 11th match of the ICC Women’s World T20 2023 will be played between Australia and Sri Lanka on February 16 at St. George’s Park in Gqeberha. The game will begin at 6.30 PM IST (3 PM LOCAL).

Match 11: Australia v Sri Lanka | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming 

Both teams will play their third match in the tournament, having won their previous two games. While Australia have defeated New Zealand and Bangladesh, Sri Lanka have pipped South Africa and Bangladesh.

Head-to-Head

Australia and Sri Lanka have played six T20Is against each other, and Australia have won all.

Squads

Australia: Meg Lanning (c), Alyssa Healy (vc), Darcie Brown, Ashleigh Gardner, Kim Garth, Heather Graham, Grace Harris, Jess Jonassen, Alana King, Tahlia McGrath, Beth Mooney, Ellyse Perry, Megan Schutt, Annabel Sutherland, Georgia Wareham

Sri Lanka: Chamari Athapaththu (c), Oshadi Ranasinghe, Harshitha Samarawickrama, Nilakshi de Silva, Kavisha Dilhari, Anushka Sanjeewani, Kaushini Nuthyangana, Malsha Shehani, Inoka Ranaweera, Sugandika Kumari, Achini Kulasuriya, Vishmi Gunaratne, Tharika Sewwandi, Ama Kanchana, Sathya Sandeepani

Players to watch

Meg Lanning:

The captain of Australia led the run chase from the front in her last appearance against Bangladesh. She mustered an unbeaten 48 off 49, including four boundaries. She came into bat in the third over and steered her side to an eight-wicket win chasing 108.

Georgia Wareham: 

The wily right-arm leg-spinner of Australia won the player of the match award in the last game against Bangladesh. She accounted for 20/3 in four overs and was effective in the middle phase of the innings and death overs.

Harshitha Samarawickrama:

The left-handed opening batter of Sri Lanka starred with the bat in the last encounter against Bangladesh. The southpaw muscled an undefeated 69 off 50, including eight hits to the fence. She was at the helm of the run chase and guided her team to a seven-wicket win chasing 127.

Also Read:  SWOT Analysis of New Zealand Squad selected for ICC Women’s T20 World Cup 2023

Oshadi Ranasinghe: 

The experienced right-arm off-spinner of Sri Lanka was the most successful bowler in the last fixture against Bangladesh. She snapped 23/3 in four overs. She opened the bowling with Achini Kulasuriya and bowled well with the new ball.

Pitch

It will be the tournament’s second match at the venue. The team batting second won the last game that was played here. Expect batting-friendly conditions. However, a thick cloud cover may assist the fast bowlers. A high chance of rain could play a spoilsport.

Weather

The weather is expected to be cloudy with a passing shower or two. The maximum temperature attained during the day will be 22 degrees Celsius. There will be a 95 percent cloud cover and an 80 percent chance of rain. The wind will blow from the east.

Fantasy Playing XI

Alyssa Healy, Meg Lanning, Harshitha Samarawickrama, Nilakshi de Silva, Ashleigh Gardner, Chamari Athapaththu, Oshadi Ranasinghe, Ellyse Perry, Inoka Ranaweera, Megan Schutt, Georgia Wareham

Match details

Date: February 16, 2023

Time: 6.30 PM IST (3 PM LOCAL)

Venue: St. George’s Park, Gqeberha

Live streaming: Star Sports Network

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here