Match 10: Ireland v Pakistan | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming 

The 10th match of the ICC Women’s World T20 2023 will be played between Ireland and Pakistan on February 15 at Newlands in Cape Town. The game will begin at 10.30 PM IST (7 PM LOCAL).

Match 10: Ireland v Pakistan | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming 

Both teams will play their second match in the tournament, having lost their first game. While Ireland went down to England by four wickets, Pakistan suffered a seven-wicket defeat at the hands of India.

Head-to-Head

Ireland and Pakistan have played 18 T20Is against each other, out of which Ireland have won four and Pakistan have won 14.

Squads

Ireland: Laura Delany (c), Rachel Delaney, Georgina Dempsey, Amy Hunter, Shauna Kavanagh, Arlene Kelly, Gaby Lewis, Louise Little, Sophie MacMahon, Jane Maguire, Cara Murray, Leah Paul, Orla Prendergast, Eimear Richardson, Mary Waldron

Pakistan: Bismah Maroof (c), Aiman Anwar, Aliya Riaz, Ayesha Naseem, Sadaf Shamas, Fatima Sana, Javeria Wadood, Muneeba Ali, Nashra Sundhu, Nida Dar, Omaima Sohail, Sadia Iqbal, Sidra Amin, Sidra Nawaz, Tuba Hassan

Players to watch

Gaby Lewis:

The right-handed opening batter of Ireland top-scored with 36 runs off 37 balls in her last appearance against England. She smashed five boundaries in her fighting innings. She gave a steady start to her side and was there in the middle till the 13th over.

Cara Murray: 

The wily right-arm leg-spinner of Ireland was the pick of the bowlers in the last game against England. She bagged 15/3 in three overs and was the second-most economical bowler for the side. She bowled well in the middle phase of the innings.

Also Read:  2nd ODI - Sidra Ameen, Diana Baig and Nida Dar help Pakistan bounce back in 2nd ODI against West Indies

Bismah Maroof: 

The captain of Pakistan starred with the bat in the last encounter against India. The left-handed top-order batter packed a punch with an unbeaten 68 off 55, including seven boundaries. She stitched an 81-run partnership with Ayesha Naseem for the fifth wicket.

Nashra Sandhu: 

The talented left-arm spinner of Pakistan was the most successful bowler in the last fixture against India. She scalped 15/2 in four overs and was the most economical bowler for her side. She was effective in the middle overs.

Pitch

It will be the tournament’s fifth match at the venue, with the fourth being played early in the day. The teams batting second have won two of the three games played until February 13. The wicket looks good for batting. A run-feast could be on the cards.

Weather

The weather is expected to be partly sunny and pleasant. The maximum temperature attained during the day will be 24 degrees Celsius. There will be a 52 percent cloud cover and a two percent chance of rain. The wind will blow from the south-southeast.

Fantasy Playing XI

Amy Hunter, Muneeba Ali, Bismah Maroof, Ayesha Naseem, Gaby Lewis, Orla Prendergast, Laura Delany, Nida Dar, Cara Murray, Nashra Sandhu, Arlene Kelly

Match details

Date: February 15, 2023

Time: 10.30 PM IST (7 PM LOCAL)

Venue: Newlands, Cape Town

Live streaming: Star Sports Network

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Also Read:  Anjum Chopra slams Indian batting unit following 11 Runs defeat against England
Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here