Warm-up Match 7: England v New Zealand | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI 

The ICC Women’s World T20 2023 kick starts on February 10 in South Africa. Before the tournament commences, the 10 participating teams will play a couple of warm-up fixtures on February 6 and 8.

Warm-up Match 7: England v New Zealand | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI 

The seventh warm-up match will be between England and New Zealand on February 8 at Western Province Cricket Club in Cape Town. The game will begin at 1.30 PM IST (10 AM LOCAL).

Both teams won their previous warm-up encounters. While England beat South Africa by 17 runs, New Zealand handed a 32-run defeat to the West Indies.

Squads

England: Heather Knight (c), Lauren Bell, Maia Bouchier, Alice Capsey, Kate Cross, Freya Davies, Charlie Dean, Sophia Dunkley, Sophie Ecclestone, Sarah Glenn, Amy Jones, Katherine Sciver-Brunt, Nat Sciver-Brunt, Lauren Winfield-Hill, Danni Wyatt.

New Zealand: Sophie Devine (c), Suzie Bates, Bernadine Bezuidenhout, Eden Carson, Lauren Down, Maddy Green, Brooke Halliday, Hayley Jensen, Fran Jonas, Amelia Kerr, Jess Kerr, Molly Penfold, Georgia Plimmer, Hannah Rowe, Lea Tahuhu.

Players to watch

Alice Capsey:

The right-handed top-order batter of England starred with the bat in her last warm-up match against South Africa. She muscled 61 off 33, including half a dozen boundaries and three sixes. Besides her batting, she can bowl off-spin and can be a handy customer.

Sarah Glenn: 

The talented right-arm leg-spinner of England had a great outing with the ball in the last warm-up game against South Africa. She snapped 30/3 in four overs and was the most economical bowler in the high-scoring contest for her side.

Maddy Green: 

The right-handed middle-order batter of New Zealand top-scored with an unbeaten 47 off 37 in the last warm-up encounter against West Indies. She smashed four boundaries and steered her side to a respectable score of 123/5 in 20 overs.

Also Read:  Alice Capsey gets picked by Melbourne Stars for WBBL 2022

Amelia Kerr:

The wily right-arm leg-spinner of New Zealand was the pick of the bowlers in her last warm-up fixture against West Indies. She claimed 20/3 in three overs and bowled well in middle and death overs. Besides her bowling, she is a good middle-order batter.

Pitch

It will be the third warm-up fixture of the tournament at the venue. Out of the two matches played here, the teams batting first and second have won one apiece. There is something in the pitch for both batters and bowlers. Expect an exciting contest between bat and ball.

Weather

The weather is expected to see abundant sunshine. The maximum temperature attained during the day will be 28 degrees Celsius. There will be a four percent cloud cover and a zero percent chance of rain. The wind will blow from the south-southeast.

Fantasy Playing XI

Amy Jones, Sophia Dunkley, Suzie Bates, Maddy Green, Danielle Wyatt, Amelia Kerr, Alice Capsey, Natalie Sciver, Sophie Devine, Sarah Glenn, Hayley Jensen

Match details

Date: February 8, 2023

Time: 1.30 PM IST (10 AM LOCAL)

Venue: Western Province Cricket Club, Cape Town

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here