Warm-up Match 6: Ireland v Australia | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI 

The ICC Women’s World T20 2023 kick starts on February 10 in South Africa. Before the tournament commences, the 10 participating teams will play a couple of warm-up fixtures on February 6 and 8.

Warm-up Match 6: Ireland v Australia | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI 

The sixth warm-up match will be between Ireland and Australia on February 8 at Coetzenburg Oval in Stellenbosch, Western Cape. The game will begin at 1.30 PM IST (10 AM LOCAL).

While Ireland lost to Sri Lanka by two runs in their first warm-up game, Australia beat India by 43 runs, in their previous warm-up encounter.

Squads

Ireland: Laura Delany (c), Rachel Delaney, Georgina Dempsey, Amy Hunter, Shauna Kavanagh, Arlene Kelly, Gaby Lewis, Louise Little, Sophie MacMahon, Jane Maguire, Cara Murray, Leah Paul, Orla Prendergast, Eimear Richardson, Mary Waldron

Australia: Meg Lanning (c), Alyssa Healy (vc), Darcie Brown, Ashleigh Gardner, Kim Garth, Heather Graham, Grace Harris, Jess Jonassen, Alana King, Tahlia McGrath, Beth Mooney, Ellyse Perry, Megan Schutt, Annabel Sutherland, Georgia Wareham

Players to watch

Gaby Lewis:

The right-handed opening batter of Ireland led the run chase from the front in her last warm-up match against Sri Lanka. She scored 38 off 24, including seven boundaries. She set the tone for the run chase but perished against the run of play.

Laura Delany: 

The captain of Ireland was the pick of the bowlers in the last warm-up fixture against Sri Lanka. The right-arm speedster snapped 20/3 in three overs, accounting for all three scalps in the ultimate over of the innings. She also chipped in with a 23-ball 21.

Also Read:  Match 11: Australia v Sri Lanka | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming 

Beth Mooney: 

Australia’s prolific left-handed opening batter provided a solid start with a 33-ball 28 in the last warm-up encounter against India. The southpaw peppered the boundary rope three times in her steady innings.

Darcie Brown:

The right-arm pace sensation of Australia wreaked havoc with the ball, claiming 17/4 in three overs. She opened the bowling with Kim Garth and bowled well with the new ball, picking up three of her four scalps inside the powerplay.

Pitch

It will be the first warm-up fixture of the tournament at the venue. Expect a new surface that will offer plenty of runs. Batters could enjoy playing here. On the other hand, the fast bowlers may get some assistance from the morning conditions, given the early start.

Weather

The weather is expected to see sunshine and be very warm. The maximum temperature attained during the day will be 31 degrees Celsius. There will be a seven percent cloud cover and a zero percent chance of rain. The wind will blow from the south.

Fantasy Playing XI

Beth Mooney, Gaby Lewis, Tahlia McGrath, Meg Lanning, Laura Delany, Ashleigh Gardner, Ellyse Perry, Darcie Brown, Arlene Kelly, Jess Jonassen, Megan Schutt

Match details

Date: February 8, 2023

Time: 1.30 PM IST (10 AM LOCAL)

Venue: Coetzenburg Oval, Stellenbosch, Western Cape

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Also Read:  Match 15: South Africa v Australia | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming 
Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here