Warm-up Match 8: Pakistan v South Africa | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI 

The ICC Women’s World T20 2023 kick starts on February 10 in South Africa. Before the tournament commences, the 10 participating teams will play a couple of warm-up fixtures on February 6 and 8.

Warm-up Match 8: Pakistan v South Africa | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI 

The eighth warm-up match will be between Pakistan and South Africa on February 8 at Boland Park in Paarl. The game will begin at 6 PM IST (2.30 PM LOCAL).

It will be the second warm-up match for both teams. While Pakistan beat Bangladesh by six wickets in their previous fixture, South Africa went down to England by 17 runs.

Squads

Pakistan: Bismah Maroof (c), Aiman Anwar, Aliya Riaz, Ayesha Naseem, Sadaf Shamas, Fatima Sana, Javeria Wadood, Muneeba Ali, Nashra Sundhu, Nida Dar, Omaima Sohail, Sadia Iqbal, Sidra Amin, Sidra Nawaz, Tuba Hassan

South Africa: Sune Luus (c), Annerie Dercksen, Marizanne Kapp, Lara Goodall, Ayabonga Khaka, Chloe Tryon, Nadine de Klerk, Shabnim Ismail, Tazmin Brits, Masabata Klaas, Laura Wolvaardt, Sinalo Jafta, Nonkululeko Mlaba, Anneke Bosch, Delmi Tucker

Players to watch

Nida Dar:

The experienced all-rounder of Pakistan made valuable contributions with bat and ball in her last warm-up match against Bangladesh. She blasted an unbeaten 24 off 19, finding the fence thrice. She also snapped 12/2 in three overs, bowling right-arm off-spin.

Bismah Maroof: 

The captain of Pakistan had a decent outing with the bat in the last warm-up game against Bangladesh. The left-handed top-order batter mustered 24 off 33, including one hit to the fence. She will be expected to anchor the team’s batting.

Chloe Tryon: 

The swashbuckling right-handed middle-order batter of South Africa top-scored with a blistering 65 off 23 in the last warm-up encounter against England. The hard-hitting batter smashed five boundaries and seven sixes in her blitzkrieg. She also bowled a couple of overs of left-arm spin.

Also Read:  Warm-up Match 6: Ireland v Australia | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI 

Nadine de Klerk: 

The promising all-rounder of South Africa had a brilliant outing with bat and ball in her last warm-up fixture against England. The right-handed middle-order batter muscled an undefeated 50 off 27, including five boundaries and two sixes. She also claimed three wickets, bowling right-arm medium-pace.

Pitch

It will be the first warm-up fixture of the tournament at the venue. Expect a new surface that could yield plenty of runs. Batting-friendly conditions could be on the cards. The pitch will be well-baked under the scorching sun, making batting easy.

Weather

The weather is expected to be sunny to partly cloudy and hot. The maximum temperature attained during the day will be 35 degrees Celsius. There will be a 16 percent cloud cover and a zero percent chance of rain. The wind will blow from the east.

Fantasy Playing XI

Muneeba Ali, Chloe Tryon, Bismah Maroof, Laura Wolvaardt, Sune Luus, Nadine de Klerk, Nida Dar, Marizanne Kapp, Omaima Sohail, Nashra Sandhu, Shabnim Ismail

Match details

Date: February 8, 2023

Time: 6 PM IST (2.30 PM LOCAL)

Venue: Boland Park, Paarl

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here