Match 1: Trailblazers v Supernovas | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming

The first match of the Women’s T20 Challenge will be played on May 23 between Trailblazers and Supernovas at the Maharashtra Cricket Association Stadium in Pune.

Match Preview: Match 1: Trailblazers v Supernovas

Match 1: Trailblazers v Supernovas | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming

Head to Head

Four matches have been played between them with both the teams winning two matches each.

Squads

Trailblazers: Smriti Mandhana (captain), Poonam Yadav, Arundhati Reddy, Hayley Matthews, Jemimah Rodrigues, Priyanka Priyadarshini, Rajeshwari Gayakwad, Renuka Singh, Richa Ghosh, S. Meghana, Saiqa Ishaque, Salma Khatun, Sharmin Akter, Sophia Dunkley, Sujata Mallik, Shraddha Pokharkar

Supernovas: Harmanpreet Kaur (captain), Taniya Bhatia, Alana King, Ayush Soni, Chandu V, Deandra Dottin, Harleen Deol, Meghna Singh, Monica Patel, Muskan Malik, Pooja Vastrakar, Priya Punia, Rashi Kanojia, Sophie Ecclestone, Sune Luus, Mansi Joshi.

Players to watch out for

Smriti Mandhana: 

The captain of Trailblazers is one of the finest T20I batters in the world of women’s cricket. The southpaw is a stylish opening batter with an experience of 84 T20Is and has close to 2000 runs.

Hayley Matthews:

This star West Indian all-rounder who will represent Trailblazers is a genuine match-winner. The right-handed batter and right arm off-spinner can open the batting as well as bowling. In 61 T20Is, she has more than 1000 runs and has scalped 58 wickets.

Harmanpreet Kaur: 

The captain of Supernovas is also the skipper of India in T20Is. With 121 T20Is to her name, she has a wealth of experience. The right-handed batter has muscled 2319 runs and has accounted for 30 wickets with her off-spin.

Sophie Ecclestone:

This wily left-arm spinner from England who will play for Supernovas is the number one ODI and T20I bowler in the world. She has claimed 68 wickets in 50 T20Is.

Also Read:  Final: Velocity  v Supernovas | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming

Pitch

The wicket is expected to assist the batters. A high scoring contest can be on the cards. Spinners could play their part as the venue has seen a lot of wear and tear over the past few weeks because of the IPL. 

Weather

The weather is expected to be mainly clear and warm. The average temperature will be around 26 degrees Celsius. The expected cloud cover will be 23 percent with just three percent chance of rain. The wind will blow from the west.

Fantasy Playing XI

Richa Ghosh, Deandra Dottin, Jemimah Rodrigues, Smriti Mandhana, Harmanpreet Kaur, Hayley Matthews, Pooja Vastrakar, Sune Luus, mansi Joshi, Alana King, Sophie Ecclestone 

Match details

Date: May 23, 2022

Time: 7.30pm IST

Venue: Maharashtra Cricket Association Stadium, Pune

Live streaming: Disney+Hotstar, Star Sports  

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here