Match 2: Barbados v Guyana | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

The second match of the CWI Women’s T20 Blaze, a regional tournament in the West Indies, organized under the able aegis of Cricket West Indies (CWI) will be played on June 7 between Barbados and Guyana at the Guyana National Stadium.

Squads

Barbados: Kycia Knight, Shai Carrington, Kyshona Knight, NaiJanni Cumberbatch, Aaliyah Williams, Alisa Scantlebury, Hayley Matthews, Deandra Dottin, Shaunte Carrington, Shakera Selman, Shamilia Connell, Aaliyah Alleyne, Shanika Bruce, Trishan Holder

Guyana: Shemaine Campbelle, Lashuna Toussaint, Katana Mentore, Kumarie Persaud, Tremayne Smartt, Sherica Campbell, Cherry-Ann Fraser, Mandy Mangru, Ashmini Munisar, Kaysia Schultz, Erva Giddings, Sheneta Grimmond, Shabika Gajnabi, Plaffianna Millington

Players to watch

Deandra Dottin: 

This right-handed opening batter from Barbados is known for her attacking style of play. She has been playing international cricket for the West Indies since 2008. Apart from her batting, she is a good right arm medium pace bowler and has an uncanny ability to pick up crucial wickets.

Hayley Matthews: 

She is one of the best all-rounders in the West Indies team. The Barbados player is a right-handed top order batter and a right arm off spinner. She can open the batting as well as the bowling. She has been playing international cricket for the West Indies since 2014.

Katana Mentore: 

She is a right-handed middle order batter and a right arm medium pace bowler from Guyana. She has been playing domestic cricket for quite some time and is one of the senior members in the squad. Guyana will expect all-round contributions from Mentore.

Shemaine Campbelle: 

She is a wicket-keeper and a right-handed middle order batter from Guyana. She has been a part of the West Indies team since 2009. She is an experienced cricketer and will be the key to Guyana’s success in the tournament.

Also Read:  Match 15: Guyana v Windward Islands Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

Pitch

This will be the first match of the tournament at this venue. The wicket will be hard and new, which could assist the batters. However, the cloudy conditions and a strong chance of rain could work in the favour of bowlers. An exciting contest between bat and ball is on the cards, provided rain does not play the spoilsport.

Weather

The weather is expected to be mostly cloudy with a thunderstorm. The average temperature will be around 29 degrees Celsius. As per the forecast, there is 80 percent chance of rain and 87 percent cloud cover. The wind will blow from the east.

Fantasy Playing XI

Kycia Knight, Shemaine Campbelle, Katana Mentore, Kumarie Persaud, Kyshona Knight, Cherry-Ann Fraser, Deandra Dottin, Hayley Matthews, Shakera Selman, Shamilia Connell, Shanika Bruce

Match details

Date: June 8, 2022

Time: 12am IST

Venue: Guyana National Stadium

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here