Match 3: Jamaica v Trinidad & Tobago | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

The third match of the CWI Women’s T20 Blaze, a regional tournament in the West Indies, organized under the able aegis of Cricket West Indies (CWI) will be played on June 7 between Jamaica and Trinidad & Tobago at the Enmore Cricket Club.

Match 3: Jamaica v Trinidad & Tobago | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

Squads

Jamaica: Stafanie Taylor (captain), Rashada Williams, Tameka Sandford, Natasha McLean, Jodian Morgan, Vanessa Watts, Keneshia Ferron, Neisha-Ann Waisome, Chinelle Henry, Jerona Walcott, Corrine Howell, Chedean Nation, Jody-Ann Brown and Celina Whyte.

Trinidad & Tobago: Anisa Mohammed (Capt), Lee Ann Kirby (Vice-Captain), Anna Marie Pereira, Caneisha Isaac, Djenaba Joseph, Kamara Ragoobar, Karishma Ramharack, Kirbyina Alexander, Leandra Ramdeen, Lee Ann Kirby, Rachel Vincent, Reniece Boyce, Shenelle Lord, Steffie Soogrim, Marjorie Thomas

Players to watch

Stafanie Taylor: The captain of the West Indies will also lead her domestic team, Jamaica in the tournament. She is a right-handed batter and a right arm off spinner. With a wealth of experience in her kitty, she will be the vital cog in the Jamaican team. She has more than 8000 international runs and 250 wickets to her name.

Chinelle Henry: She is a right arm medium pace bowler from Jamaica, who has been playing international cricket for the West Indies since 2013. She is known for her raw pace and lethal bouncers. Apart from her bowling, she is more than a handy right-handed middle order batter.

Britney Cooper: This right-handed batter from Trinidad & Tobago has played international cricket for the West Indies between 2009 and 2021. She has featured in 122 matches and scored more than 1100 runs, including a couple of half-centuries.

Also Read:  Preview: 3rd ODI – South Africa vs West Indies Women | Fantasy XI | Players to Watch | Live Streaming

Anisa Mohammed: The captain of Trinidad & Tobago is the most successful bowler of the West Indies. The right arm off spinner has claimed 305 international wickets in 258 outings, including 11 four wicket-hauls and nine five-wicket hauls. She is a genuine wicket-taker.

Pitch

This will be the first match of the tournament at this venue. The fresh wicket is expected to be nice and hard, offering assistance to the batters. However, the cloudy conditions could make batting a bit difficult, giving some edge to the bowlers.

Weather

The weather is expected to be mostly cloudy with a thunderstorm. The average temperature will be around 29 degrees Celsius. As per the forecast, there is 80 percent chance of rain and 87 percent cloud cover. The wind will blow from the east.

Fantasy Playing XI

Rashada Williams, Reniece Boyce, Britney Cooper, Chedean Nation, Natasha McLean, Chinelle Henry, Djenaba Joseph, Stafanie Taylor, Anisa Mohammed, Jody-Ann Brown, Karishma Ramharack

Match details

Date: June 8, 2022

Time: 4.30am IST

Venue: Enmore Cricket Club

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here