Match 1: Barbados v Windward Islands | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

The first match of the CG United Women’s Super 50 Cup, a regional 50-over tournament in the West Indies, organized under the able aegis of Cricket West Indies (CWI) will be played on June 16 between Barbados and Windward Islands at the Providence Stadium in Guyana.

Match 1: Barbados v Windward Islands | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

Preview – Match 1: Barbados v Windward Islands

Barbados: Hayley Matthews (Captain), Shakera Selman, Kycia Knight, Kyshona Knight, Aaliyah Alleyne, Shanika Bruce, Shai Carrington, Shaunte Carrington, Shamilia Connell, NaiJanni Cumberbatch, Trishan Holder, Alisa Scantlebury, Charlene Taitt, Aaliyah Williams

Windward Islands: Afy Fletcher (Captain), Malika Edward, Edelyn Turtin, Akeira Peters, Ashlene Edward, Zaida James, Qiana Joseph, Kimone Homer, Carena Noel, Jannelia Glasgow, Japhina Joseph, Stacy Ann Adams, Tracy Byron, Pearl Etienne

Players to watch

Hayley Matthews: 

The captain of Barbados is a talented all-rounder. She is a right-handed opening batter and a right-arm off-spinner. In the recently concluded Women’s T20 Blaze, she was the highest run-getter with 191 runs in five matches.

Deandra Dottin: 

She is a devastating right-handed opening batter and a right-arm gentle medium-pace bowler. She is known for her hard-hitting abilities and has the capability to win matches single-handedly with both bat and ball.

Afy Fletcher: 

The captain of Windward Islands is a wily right-arm leg spinner and a right-handed batter. Though she is known more for her bowling than her batting at the international level, in the recently concluded Women’s T20 Blaze, she made a mark with the bat as well.

Malika Edward: 

She is a right-handed batter from Windward Islands. Apart from her batting, she can bowl occasional right arm medium pace. Given the opportunity, she would like to make the most of it in the longer format.

Also Read:  Nahida Akter, Anam Amin and Hayley Matthews announced as nominees

Pitch

The venue has already hosted the domestic women’s T20 tournament that was played between June 7 and June 14. The wicket may have undergone a lot of wear and tear. A slower surface is expected which could make batting difficult. Spinners could come in handy.

Weather

A stray thunderstorm in the morning is expected. Apart from that the weather forecast shows a blend of sun and clouds through the course of the day. The average temperature will be around 30 degrees Celsius. As per the forecast, there is 41 percent chance of rain and 61 percent cloud cover. The wind will blow from the east-north-east.

Fantasy Playing XI

Kycia Knight, Kyshona Knight, Malika Edward, Zaida James, Deandra Dottin, Hayley Matthews, Kimone Homer, Afy Fletcher, Qiana Joseph, Shakera Selman, Shamilia Connell

Match details

Date: June 16, 2022

Time: 7.30 PM IST

Venue: Providence Stadium, Providence, Guyana

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here