Match 9: India v West Indies | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming 

The ninth match of the ICC Women’s World T20 2023 will be played between India and West Indies on February 15 at Newlands in Cape Town. The game will begin at 6.30 PM IST (3 PM LOCAL).

Match 9: India v West Indies | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming 

Both teams will play their second match in the tournament. While India have won their previous game against Pakistan by seven wickets, West Indies have lost theirs to England by seven wickets.

Head-to-Head

India and West Indies have played 20 T20Is against each other, out of which India have won 12, and West Indies have won eight.

Squads

India: Harmanpreet Kaur (c), Smriti Mandhana, Shafali Verma, Yastika Bhatia, Richa Ghosh, Jemimah Rodrigues, Harleen Deol, Deepti Sharma, Devika Vaidya, Radha Yadav, Renuka Thakur, Anjali Sarvani, Pooja Vastrakar, Rajeshwari Gayakwad, Shikha Pandey

West Indies: Hayley Matthews (c), Shemaine Campbelle (vc), Aaliyah Alleyne, Shamilia Connell, Afy Fletcher, Shabika Gajnabi, Chinelle Henry, Trishan Holder, Zaida James, Djenaba Joseph, Chedean Nation, Karishma Ramharack, Shakera Selman, Stafanie Taylor, Rashada Williams

Players to watch

Jemimah Rodrigues:

The right-handed top-order batter of India won the player of the match award in her last appearance against Pakistan. She crafted a delectable 53 not out off 38 balls. Her innings was studded with eight boundaries. She led the run chase from the front and steered her side to a seven-wicket win.

Radha Yadav: 

The wily left-arm spinner of India was the pick of the bowlers in the last game against Pakistan. She scalped 21/2 in four overs and was the second-most economical bowler for the side. She bowled well in the middle overs.

Also Read:  SWOT Analysis of New Zealand Squad selected for ICC Women’s T20 World Cup 2023

Hayley Matthews: 

The captain of West Indies starred with the bat in the last encounter against England. The right-handed opening batter muscled 42 off 32, including eight hits to the fence. Besides her batting, she can be more than handy with the ball with her off-spin.

Chinelle Henry: 

The right-arm pace sensation of the West Indies was the most successful bowler in the last fixture against England. She claimed 30/2 in 3.3 overs. She opened the bowling and bowled well with the new ball, picking up both wickets inside the powerplay. She also scored 14 off 13 with the bat.

Pitch

It will be the tournament’s fourth match at the venue. The teams batting second have won two out of the three games played. The surface looks good for batting. A high-scoring contest could be on the cards.

Weather

The weather is expected to be partly sunny and pleasant. The maximum temperature attained during the day will be 24 degrees Celsius. There will be a 52 percent cloud cover and a two percent chance of rain. The wind will blow from the south-southeast.

Fantasy Playing XI

Richa Ghosh, Jemimah Rodrigues, Shafali Verma, Shemaine Campbelle, Harmanpreet Kaur, Chinelle Henry, Hayley Matthews, Deepti Sharma, Pooja Vastrakar, Radha Yadav, Afy Fletcher

Match details

Date: February 15, 2023

Time: 6.30 PM IST (3 PM LOCAL)

Venue: Newlands, Cape Town

Live streaming: Star Sports Network

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Also Read:  Warm-up Match 7: England v New Zealand | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI 
Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here