Match 18: Mumbai Indians v Delhi Capitals | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming 

The 18th match of the Women’s Premier League (WPL) will be played between Mumbai Indians and Delhi Capitals at the DY Patil Cricket Stadium in Mumbai on March 20. The game will begin at 7.30 PM IST.

Match 18: Mumbai Indians v Delhi Capitals | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming 

Both teams will play their seventh match of the tournament. While Mumbai Indians have won five and lost one, Delhi Capitals have won four and lost two. The last time these two teams played, Mumbai Indians defeated Delhi Capitals by eight wickets.

Squads

Mumbai Indians: Harmanpreet Kaur (c), Nat Sciver, Amelia Kerr, Pooja Vastrakar, Yastika Bhatia, Heather Graham, Isabelle Wong, Amanjot Kaur, Dhara Gujjar, Saika Ishaque, Hayley Mathews, Chloe Tryon, Humairaa Kaazi, Priyanka Bala, Sonam Yadav, Jintimani Kalita, Neelam Bisht

Delhi Capitals: Jemimah Rodrigues, Meg Lanning (c), Shafali Verma, Radha Yadav, Shikha Pandey, Marizanne Kapp, Titas Sadhu, Alice Capsey, Tara Norris, Laura Harris, Jasia Akhter, Minnu Man, Taniya Bhatia, Poonam Yadav, Jess Jonassen, Sneha Deepthi, Arundhati Reddy, Aparna Mandal

Players to watch

Hayley Matthews: 

The right-handed opening batter of Mumbai Indians top-scored with 35 off 30 in her last outing against UP Warriorz. Her innings was laced with one four and three sixes. She also claimed 1/26 in four overs, opening the bowling with Natalie Sciver-Brunt.

Issy Wong: 

The talented all-rounder of Mumbai Indians made useful contributions with bat and ball in her last match against UP Warriorz. The right-handed middle-order batter packed a punch with a 19-ball 32 to give an impetus to the innings at the back end. She also picked 1/24 in 2.3 overs.

Also Read:  Match 9: Gujarat Giants v Delhi Capitals | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming 

Jess Jonassen: 

The wily left-arm spinner of Delhi Capitals was the most successful bowler in her last fixture against Gujarat Giants. She accounted for 2/38 in four overs. Besides bowling, she is more than handy with the bat in the middle order.

Marizanne Kapp:

The star all-rounder of Delhi Capitals had a good day with bat and ball in her last appearance against Gujarat Giants. She top-scored with 36 off 29, including four boundaries and a six. She also opened the bowling and scalped 1/24 in four overs.

Pitch

It will be the ninth match of the tournament at this venue. The teams batting first have won two, and the teams batting second have won six. Expect the surface on the slower side. Batters may find it challenging to hit through the line of the ball. Spinners could play a crucial role.

Weather

The weather is expected to be mostly cloudy and humid. The maximum temperature attained during the match will be 26 degrees Celsius. There will be a 21 percent cloud cover and a three percent chance of rain. The wind will blow from the west-northwest.

Fantasy Playing XI

Yastika Bhatia, Meg Lanning, Harmanpreet Kaur, Shafali Verma, Hayley Matthews, Natalie Sciver-Brunt, Marizanne Kapp, Amelia Kerr, Jess Jonassen, Saika Ishaque, Issy Wong

Match details

Date: March 20, 2023

Time: 7.30 PM IST

Venue: DY Patil Cricket Stadium, Mumbai

Live streaming: Sports18 Network, Jio Cinema

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Also Read:  Country-wise list of Overseas Players selected in WPL Auction
Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here