Jhulan Goswami joins Mumbai Franchise as bowling Coach and Mentor

The inaugural edition of the Women’s Premier League (WPL) is just around the corner with the showpiece reportedly scheduled to take place from the 4th to the 24th of March. The player’s auction is now only a few days away and the most recent development on former India skipper, Jhulan Goswami has left the Delhi fanbase upset.

Jhulan Goswami. PC: Getty Images
Jhulan Goswami. PC: Getty Images

Former Indian skipper, Jhulan Goswami for long had kept fans guessing over her role in the Women’s Premier League, and while media reports claimed she’ll be coming out of her retirement to take part in the tournament, she put a stop on the speculations during a show stating, “I think it’s a bit late now. If it had happened two years ago, I would have made it. I think it’s too late for me.”

With that said, it was clear that Jhulan Goswami will be seen coaching and mentoring one of the 5 teams in the Women’s Premier League. Only recently did Delhi Capitals Director of Cricket, Sourav Ganguly, speaking to Sportstar drop a development on Jhulan stating, “We have offered the bowling coach role to Jhulan and we are sure that she will accept the offer.”

The JSW GMR Cricket Private Limited, who own the Delhi Capitals in the Indian Premier League (IPL) had shelled out 810 crores in the team base auction to own the Delhi base for the Women’s Premier League (WPL) and were understood to be in talks with Jhulan Goswami for the role and buying Sourav’s words of “we are sure that she will accept the offer,” the Delhi fans were elated to welcome on board the legendary pacer.

The twist is finally here with Sourav Ganguly today meeting the media at Eden Gardens and stating, “Jhulan has gone to Mumbai. We had given her an offer, but she is going to Mumbai.” A confirmation on the development is awaited by the Mumbai base franchise.

Also Read:  Match 2: RCB v DC | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming 

The Ambani-backed, Indianwin Sports Private Limited, who owns the most successful, 5-time title winner franchise, Mumbai Indians, bagged the Mumbai base with a 912.99 crore bid. The player’s action is days away and in due course, there’ll be confirmation on Jhulan’s appointment and the franchise name as well.

The player’s auction which initially was reportedly scheduled for the 10th or 11th of February in Mumbai, Banglore, or Kolkata is now understood to be pushed ahead by a few days to the 11th or 13th due to the overlapping of the ongoing, International League Twenty20 (ILT20).

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here