Match 15: Mumbai Indians v UP Warriorz | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming 

The 15th match of the Women’s Premier League (WPL) will be played between Mumbai Indians and UP Warriorz at the DY Patil Cricket Stadium in Mumbai on March 18. The game will begin at 3.30 PM IST.

Match 15: Mumbai Indians v UP Warriorz | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming 

Both teams will play their sixth match of the tournament. While Mumbai Indians have won all of their last five encounters, UP Warriorz have won two and lost three. The last time these two teams played, Mumbai Indians defeated UP Warriorz by eight wickets.

Squads

Mumbai Indians: Harmanpreet Kaur (c), Nat Sciver, Amelia Kerr, Pooja Vastrakar, Yastika Bhatia, Heather Graham, Isabelle Wong, Amanjot Kaur, Dhara Gujjar, Saika Ishaque, Hayley Mathews, Chloe Tryon, Humairaa Kaazi, Priyanka Bala, Sonam Yadav, Jintimani Kalita, Neelam Bisht

UP Warriorz: Sophie Ecclestone, Deepti Sharma, Tahlia McGrath, Shabnim Ismail, Alyssa Healy (c), Anjali Sarvani, Rajeshwari Gayakwad, Parshavi Chopra, Shweta Sehrawat, S Yashasri, Kiran Navgire, Grace Harris, Devika Vaidya, Lauren Bell, Laxmi Yadav, Simran Shaikh

Players to watch

Harmanpreet Kaur: 

The captain of Mumbai Indians won the player of the match award in her last outing against Gujarat Giants. The right-handed middle-order batter muscled 51 off 30, including seven boundaries and two sixes.

Natalie Sciver-Brunt: 

The star all-rounder of Mumbai Indians made valuable contributions with bat and ball in her last match against Gujarat Giants. The right-handed top-order batter scored 36 off 31 and claimed 3/21 in four overs.

Grace Harris: 

The hard-hitting batter of UP Warriorz top scored with a blistering 46 off 32 in her last fixture against Royal Challengers Bangalore. Batting at number five, the right-hander smashed five boundaries and two sixes. She also picked 1/28 in three overs.

Also Read:  Match 8: Spirit v Sapphires Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Deepti Sharma: 

The dashing all-rounder of UP Warriorz scored a 19-ball 22, batting at number seven. The southpaw found the fence four times. With the ball, the wily off-spinner scalped 2/26 in four overs. She opened the bowling with Grace Harris and bowled well with the new ball.

Pitch

It will be the eighth match of the tournament at this venue. The teams batting first have won two, and the teams batting second have won five. The highest total scored is 211, and the lowest is 107. The surface is expected to be on the slower side. Batters may find it difficult to score freely, while the spinners could come in handy.

Weather

The weather is expected to be humid and see a hazy sun. The maximum temperature attained during the match will be 34 degrees Celsius. There will be an eight percent cloud cover and a 25 percent chance of rain. The wind will blow from the northwest.

Fantasy Playing XI

Yastika Bhatia, Alyssa Healy, Harmanpreet Kaur, Grace Harris, Hayley Matthews, Natalie Sciver-Brunt, Amelia Kerr, Deepti Sharma, Tahlia McGrath, Saika Ishaque, Sophie Ecclestone

Match details

Date: March 18, 2023

Time: 3.30 PM IST 

Venue: DY Patil Cricket Stadium, Mumbai

Live streaming: Sports18 Network, Jio Cinema

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Also Read:  Who are the Unsold Capped and Uncapped Indian Players?
Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here