Eliminator: Mumbai Indians v UP Warriorz | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming 

The Eliminator of the Women’s Premier League (WPL) will be played between Mumbai Indians and UP Warriorz at the DY Patil Cricket Stadium in Mumbai on March 24. The game will begin at 7.30 PM IST.

Eliminator: Mumbai Indians v UP Warriorz | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming 

Both teams have played a couple of matches against each. While Mumbai Indians beat UP Warriorz in their first outing by eight wickets, UP Warriorz got the better of Mumbai Indians by five wickets in their second encounter.

Squads

Mumbai Indians: Harmanpreet Kaur (c), Nat Sciver, Amelia Kerr, Pooja Vastrakar, Yastika Bhatia, Heather Graham, Isabelle Wong, Amanjot Kaur, Dhara Gujjar, Saika Ishaque, Hayley Mathews, Chloe Tryon, Humairaa Kaazi, Priyanka Bala, Sonam Yadav, Jintimani Kalita, Neelam Bisht

UP Warriorz: Sophie Ecclestone, Deepti Sharma, Tahlia McGrath, Shabnim Ismail, Alyssa Healy (c), Anjali Sarvani, Rajeshwari Gayakwad, Parshavi Chopra, Shweta Sehrawat, S Yashasri, Kiran Navgire, Grace Harris, Devika Vaidya, Lauren Bell, Laxmi Yadav, Simran Shaikh

Players to watch

Hayley Mathews: 

The right-handed opening batter of Mumbai Indians muscled 24 off 17 in her last outing against Royal Challengers Bangalore. She smashed two boundaries and a six. She also opened the bowling with Nat Sciver-Brunt and bowled her full quota of four overs, conceding 18 runs.

Amelia Kerr:

The wily right-arm leg-spinner of Mumbai Indians won the player of the match award in her last game against Royal Challengers Bangalore. She scalped 3/22 in four overs. Besides, she scored an unbeaten 31 off 27, including four boundaries.

Tahlia McGrath: 

The right-handed middle-order batter of UP Warriorz top scored with an undefeated 58 off 32 in her last fixture against Delhi Capitals. She hit eight fours and two sixes in her entertaining innings. She came into bat in the 11th over and steered her side to a respectable score.

Also Read:  "I am aware that Harman is hot-tempered," Diana Edulji slams Harmanpreet Kaur

Sophie Ecclestone: 

The left-arm spinner of UP Warriorz is a genuine wicket-taker. She accounted for 1/25 in four overs in her last appearance, coming into bowl as the first change. She was the second-most economical bowler for her side. Besides her bowling, she can be a handy middle-order batter.  

Pitch

It will be the 11th match of the tournament at this venue. The teams batting first have won two, and the teams batting second have won eight. Expect the wicket to be on the slower side. Scoring runs will not be that easy. Spinners will play a key role.

Weather

The weather is expected to be clear. The maximum temperature attained during the match will be 26 degrees Celsius. There will be a zero percent cloud cover and a zero percent chance of rain. The wind will blow from the northwest.

Fantasy Playing XI

Yastika Bhatia, Alyssa Healy, Harmanpreet Kaur, Tahlia McGrath, Hayley Matthews, Natalie Sciver-Brunt, Amelia Kerr, Deepti Sharma, Grace Harris, Issy Wong, Sophie Ecclestone

Match details

Date: March 24, 2023

Time: 7.30 PM IST

Venue: DY Patil Cricket Stadium, Mumbai

Live streaming: Sports18 Network, Jio Cinema

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here