Match 5: UP Warriorz v Delhi Capitals | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming 

The fifth match of the Women’s Premier League (WPL) will be played between UP Warriorz and Delhi Capitals at the DY Patil Cricket Stadium on March 7. The game will begin at 7.30 PM IST.

Match 5: UP Warriorz v Delhi Capitals | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming 

Both teams will play their second match of the tournament, having won their first encounters. While UP Warriorz got the better of Gujarat Giants by three wickets, Delhi Capitals pipped Royal Challengers Bangalore by 60 runs, in their first encounters.

Squads

UP Warriorz: Sophie Ecclestone, Deepti Sharma, Tahlia McGrath, Shabnim Ismail, Alyssa Healy (c), Anjali Sarvani, Rajeshwari Gayakwad, Parshavi Chopra, Shweta Sehrawat, S Yashasri, Kiran Navgire, Grace Harris, Devika Vaidya, Lauren Bell, Laxmi Yadav, Simran Shaikh

Delhi Capitals: Jemimah Rodrigues, Meg Lanning (c), Shafali Verma, Radha Yadav, Shikha Pandey, Marizanne Kapp, Titas Sadhu, Alice Capsey, Tara Norris, Laura Harris, Jasia Akhter, Minnu Man, Taniya Bhatia, Poonam Yadav, Jess Jonassen, Sneha Deepthi, Arundhati Reddy, Aparna Mandal

Players to watch

Grace Harris: 

The hard-hitting batter from Australia won the player of the match award for UP Warriorz in her last game against Gujarat Giants. The right-hander blasted an unbeaten 59 off 26. Her innings was laced with seven fours and three sixes.

Sophie Ecclestone:

The wily left-arm spinner from England was one of the most successful bowlers for UP Warriorz in the last match against Gujarat Giants. She claimed 2/25 in four overs and was the most economical bowler for her side in the high-scoring affair. She also muscled an undefeated 22 off 12.

Shafali Verma: 

The right-handed opening batter of Delhi Capitals took the Royal Challengers Bangalore’s bowling attack to the cleaners as she hammered 84 off 45. The opener smashed 10 fours and four sixes in her entertaining knock. She stitched a massive 162-run partnership with her captain and opening partner Meg Lanning.

Also Read:  Mitchell Starc leaves Africa tour to watch wife Alyssa Healy in T20 World Cup final at Melbourne

Tara Norris:

The left-arm speedster from the USA made her presence felt for the Delhi Capitals in the last fixture against Royal Challengers Bangalore. She wreaked havoc with the ball as she scalped 5/29 in four overs. It was the first fifer of the WPL. Norris bagged the player of the match award.

Pitch

It will be the third match of the tournament at this venue. The teams batting first and second have won one game each. The wicket looks good for batting. Expect a high-scoring contest.

Weather

The weather is expected to be clear and warm. The maximum temperature attained during the match will be 27 degrees Celsius. There will be a four percent cloud cover and a zero percent chance of rain. The wind will blow from the east.

Fantasy Playing XI

Alyssa Healy, Meg Lanning, Grace Harris, Alice Capsey, Jemimah Rodrigues, Shafali Verma, Deepti Sharma, Marizanne Kapp, Tahlia McGrath, Tara Norris, Sophie Ecclestone

Match details

Date: March 7, 2023

Time: 7.30 PM IST

Venue: DY Patil Cricket Stadium, Mumbai

Live streaming: Sports18 Network, Jio Cinema

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here