Match 4: RCB v Mumbai Indians | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming 

The fourth match of the Women’s Premier League (WPL) will be played between Royal Challengers Bangalore and Mumbai Indians at the Brabourne Stadium on March 6. The game will begin at 7.30 PM IST.

Match 4: RCB v Mumbai Indians | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming 

It will be the second game for both teams. While RCB went down to Delhi Capitals by 60 runs, MI beat Gujarat Giants by 143 runs in their last fixture.

Squads

Royal Challengers Bangalore: Smriti Mandhana (c), Sophie Devine, Ellyse Perry, Renuka Singh Thakur, Richa Ghosh, Erin Burns, Disha Kasat, Indrani Roy, Shreyanka Patil, Kanika Ahuja, Asha Shobana, Heather Knight, Dane van Niekerk, Preeti Bose, Poonam Khemnar, Komal Zanzad, Meghan Schutt, Sahana Pawar

Mumbai Indians: Harmanpreet Kaur (c), Nat Sciver, Amelia Kerr, Pooja Vastrakar, Yastika Bhatia, Heather Graham, Isabelle Wong, Amanjot Kaur, Dhara Gujjar, Saika Ishaque, Hayley Mathews, Chloe Tryon, Humairaa Kaazi, Priyanka Bala, Sonam Yadav, Jintimani Kalita, Neelam Bisht

Players to watch

Smriti Mandhana: 

The skipper of Royal Challengers Bangalore top scored with a 23-ball 35 in her last appearance against Delhi Capitals. The left-handed opening batter muscled five boundaries and a six in her entertaining knock. She will be expected to give a good start to her team against MI.

Heather Knight: 

The England captain, who plays for Royal Challengers Bangalore, made her presence felt with both bat and ball in the last match against Delhi Capitals. She was the lone wicket-taker for RCB with two scalps. With the bat, she scored 34 off 21, including two fours and as many sixes.

Harmanpreet Kaur: 

The captain of Mumbai Indians led from the front in her last outing against Gujarat Giants. The right-handed middle-order batter packed a punch with a 30-ball 65, and her innings was studded with 14 boundaries. She won the player of the match award for her brilliant batting.

Also Read:  "We will play to win the Test against India," says England captain Heather Knight

Amelia Kerr:

The star all-rounder from New Zealand made valuable contributions with bat and ball for Mumbai Indians in the last game against Gujarat Giants. Batting at number five, she muscled an unbeaten 45 off 24 and claimed 2/12 in two overs, including one maiden, bowling leg spin. 

Pitch

It will be the second match of the tournament at the venue. The last game saw more than 380 runs being scored. The wicket is an absolute belter. Batters will enjoy playing on this surface. Another run feast could be on the cards, with both teams boasting of incredible batting firepower.

Weather

The weather is expected to be partly cloudy and warm. The maximum temperature attained during the day will be 28 degrees Celsius. There will be a 26 percent cloud cover and a one percent chance of rain. The wind will blow from the southeast.

Fantasy Playing XI

Richa Ghosh, Smriti Mandhana, Harmanpreet Kaur, Heather Knight, Amelia Kerr, Natalie Sciver-Brunt, Hayley Matthews, Ellyse Perry, Saika Ishaque, Issy Wong, Megan Schutt

Match details

Date: March 6, 2023

Time: 7.30 PM IST

Venue: Brabourne Stadium, Mumbai

Live streaming: Sports18 Network, Jio Cinema

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here