Match 3: UP Warriorz v Gujarat Giants | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming 

The third match of the Women’s Premier League (WPL) will be played between UP Warriorz and Gujarat Giants at the DY Patil Cricket Stadium on March 5. The game will begin at 7.30 PM IST.

Match 3: UP Warriorz v Gujarat Giants | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming 

Squads

UP Warriorz: Sophie Ecclestone, Deepti Sharma, Tahlia McGrath, Shabnim Ismail, Alyssa Healy (c), Anjali Sarvani, Rajeshwari Gayakwad, Parshavi Chopra, Shweta Sehrawat, S Yashasri, Kiran Navgire, Grace Harris, Devika Vaidya, Lauren Bell, Laxmi Yadav, Simran Shaikh

Gujarat Giants: Ashleigh Gardner, Beth Mooney (c), Sophie Dunkley, Anna Sutherland, Harleen Deol, Deandra Dottin, Sneh Rana, S Meghana, Georgia Wareham, Mansi Joshi, D Hemalatha, Monica Patel, Tanuja Kanwer, Sushma Verma, Hurley Gala, Ashwani Kumari, Parunika Sisodia, Shabnam Shakil

Players to watch

Alyssa Healy: 

The captain of UPWarriorz is a swashbuckling right-handed opening batter from Australia. She is a devastating batter and can take any opposition attack to the cleaners. Besides her aggressive batting, she is arguably the safest house behind the stumps.

Sophie Ecclestone:

The wily left-arm spinner from England will be an integral part of the UP Warriorz bowling line up. She is an aggressive bowler and is very difficult to get away with. She can also be handy with the bat in the middle order and tonk the ball hard.

Ashleigh Gardner: 

After missing out in the first game against Mumbai Indians, the Australian star all-rounder would be itching to go against UP Warriorz. The Gujarat Giants would be banking on the services of this all-rounder.  

Sneh Rana: 

In the absence of Beth Mooney, the regular captain of Gujarat Giants, who went off the field in the last match against Mumbai Indians due to cramps, Rana, the vice-captain, is expected to lead the side. She had two wickets in the previous fixture.

Also Read:  Match 20: Delhi Capitals v UP Warriorz | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming 

Pitch

It will be the second match of the tournament at this venue. The team batting first in the last game played here scored more than 200 runs. The wicket looks good for batting. Expect another run feast.

Weather

The weather is expected to be mainly clear and warm. The maximum temperature attained during the day will be 28 degrees Celsius. There will be a six percent cloud cover and a zero percent chance of rain. The wind will blow from the north-northwest.

Fantasy Playing XI

Alyssa Healy, Harleen Deol, Grace Harris, Sophia Dunkley, Tahlia McGrath, Sneh Rana, Ashleigh Gardner, Deepti Sharma, Sophie Ecclestone, Georgia Wareham, Shabnim Ismail

Match details

Date: March 5, 2023

Time: 7.30 PM IST

Venue: DY Patil Cricket Stadium, Mumbai

Live streaming: Sports18 Network, Jio Cinema

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here