Ellyse Perry to miss game against Bangladesh due to sore back

Australia will be missing their veteran all-rounder Ellyse Perry in their final league match against Bangladesh on Friday, March 25th. The seasoned all-rounder has been dealing with a sore back which resulted in her not taking the field for the majority of the match against South Africa on Tuesday.

Ellyse Perry. Pic Credits: Getty Images
Ellyse Perry. Pic Credits: Getty Images

Perry has been a key player for the Aussie lineup over the years. Her excellency with both bat and ball is unmatched. The all-rounder in her illustrious 15-year career, has scored 3352 runs with 29 fifties and 2 centuries. With the ball, she’s picked 161 wickets with 3 five-wicket hauls. 7 for 22 has been her best bowling figure.

In the ongoing 2022 Women’s World Cup, Perry has scored 156 runs and has picked 5 wickets. She was the player of the match against West Indies for her fabulous 68 with the bat and 3 for 22 with the ball. In the last 2 games against India and South Africa, Perry didn’t come to bat at her usual no.5 position and bowled just 3 overs to avoid her injury from getting worst.

As Australia has already made it to the Semi-Finals with a 6-0 record, their match against Bangladesh is just formalities and thus not important. This situation has allowed the Australian unit to rest Ellyse Perry from tomorrow’s as they expect her to be fully fit for their Semi-Final match.

“Ellyse came off the field with a back spasm, but it is settling down with treatment. She won’t play tomorrow but we expect that she will be available for the semi-final,” said Australia team physiotherapist Kate Beerworth on Thursday.

Australia might bring in leg spinner Amanda-Jade Wellington in place of Perry tomorrow when they play against Bangladesh for the very first time in international cricket at Wellington on Friday.

Also Read:  Meg Lanning returns as Australia announces ODI squad versus Pakistan

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates around Women’s Cricket World Cup 2022

Dhanush Lavanya

I’m a Content Writer, Podcaster and Presenter. I’ve written 100+ articles across various sports and produced 50+ Podcast episodes. You can find my podcast “The Off Stump” on Spotify.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here