Spinners Sneh and Rajeshwari demolish Bangladesh line-up to secure 110 Run Victory

On Tuesday, in the 22nd match of the ICC Women’s Cricket World Cup, Bangladesh were chasing 230 in 50 overs against India at the Seddon Park in Hamilton.

Spinners Sneh and Rajeshwari demolish Bangladesh line-up to secure 110 Run Victory. PC: ICC/Getty Images
Spinners Sneh and Rajeshwari demolish Bangladesh line-up to secure 110 Run Victory. PC: ICC/Getty Images

Chasing a respectable score of 230, Bangladesh did not get off to the best of starts as the World Cup debutants kept losing wickets at regular intervals. Half of the team was back in the pavilion for just 35 runs in 17.2 overs as the Indian bowlers wreaked havoc with the ball. The in-form Fargana Hoque was out for a duck as Pooja Vastrakar got the better of her. Captain Nigar Sultana also failed to impress as she was dismissed cheaply after scoring three runs from 11 balls. After a mini batting collapse, Lata Mondal and Salma Khatun put their heads down to stitch a 40-run partnership for the sixth wicket. While Mondal mustered 24 runs off 46 balls, Khatun smashed 32 runs off 35 balls. This was the biggest partnership in the match for Bangladesh. However as there was no support from the rest of the batters, Bangladesh were bundled out for 119 in 40.3 overs.

For India, Sneh Rana was the pick of the bowlers as the off-spinner scalped 4-30 in her 10 overs, including two maidens. Rana was well supported by Pooja Vastrakar, who struck with 2-26 in her six overs, and Jhulan Goswami who accounted for 2-19 in 7.3 overs. Rajeshwari Gayakwad was the most economical bowler as she conceded just 15 runs in her 10 overs, bowling four maidens and picking up one wicket. Poonam Yadav, who played her first match of this World Cup chipped in with 1-25 in seven overs. All the five bowlers used by India were among the wickets.

Also Read:  Alyssa Healy's 72 Runs help Australia register 13th Straight Win against Pakistan Women

India’s Yastika Bhatia won the player of the match for her match-winning batting performance. The left-handed top-order batter mustered 50 runs off 80 balls, registering her second consecutive half-century in this World Cup.

With this win, India have registered their third win in this World Cup out of the six matches that they have played. On the other hand, Bangladesh have just one win in five games in the tournament so far.

Bangladesh and India will play their next fixtures on March 25 against Australia and on March 27 against South Africa respectively.

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates around Women’s Cricket World Cup 2022

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here