Sophie Devine completes 3000 ODI Runs in the Opening World Cup Match

New Zealand Captain Sophie Devine in the first match of ICC Women’s World Cup 2022 against West Indies reached a huge milestone as she crossed 3000 runs in ODIs. The right batter became the 4th Kiwi player to score 3000 runs after Debbie Hockley, Suzie Bates, and Amy Satterthwaite.

Sophie Devine completes 3000 ODI Runs in the Opening World Cup Match
Sophie Devine completes 3000 ODI Runs in the Opening World Cup Match. PC: ICC/Getty Images

In a career spanning 16 years, Devine has played 109 ODI innings to score 3000 runs. She has scored 14 fifties and 6 centuries at an average of 31.17. She has great records against women’s cricket giants England and Australia scoring 600+ runs against both those teams in 30+ matches.

After returning to the squad in 2013, she scored her first century against team India scoring 145. She has an excellent record both home and away scoring 1289 runs at home and 1157 runs away showcasing her adaptability to the conditions.

In 2018, Sophie Devine had her best ODI year as she scored 533 runs in 7 innings scoring 3 centuries and 2 fifties. Since 2019, she has seen a slump in form so scoring just 456 runs in the last 3 years. In 2022, she has scored 200+ and will be playing a huge role in New Zealand’s chances of winning the World Cup.

Leading up to the 2022 World Cup, Sophie Devine scored an excellent 161* against Australia in the warm-up match. She started the tournament with a magnificent century against the West Indies in the first match of 2022 WC. This was her first century in 4 years. She will be using the home advantage and making sure to lead New Zealand to their 2nd World Cup.

Also Read:  Preview: 3rd ODI – India vs New Zealand Women | Fantasy XI | Players to Watch | Live Streaming

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates around Women’s Cricket World Cup 2022

Dhanush Lavanya

I’m a Content Writer, Podcaster and Presenter. I’ve written 100+ articles across various sports and produced 50+ Podcast episodes. You can find my podcast “The Off Stump” on Spotify.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here