Ayabonga Khaka completes 100 One Day International Wickets

South Africa fast bowler, Ayabonga Khaka in South Africa’s first match of 2022 WC on Saturday reached a big career milestone as she took her 100th ODI wicket against Bangladesh. By taking the wicket of Rumana Ahmed in the 35th over, Khaka reached the milestone of 100 ODI wickets in her 74th one-day international.

Ayabonga Khaka completes 100 One Day International Wickets. PC: ICC/Getty Images
Ayabonga Khaka completes 100 One Day International Wickets. PC: ICC/Getty Images

Debuting in 2012, Khaka was in and out of the side till 2016. She had a breakout year in 2016 when she took 22 wickets in 16 matches. She followed it up with 21 wickets in 2017 and 17 wickets in 2018. The right arm didn’t perform well in 2019 and 2020 as she took only 6 wickets.

The Speedster has been excellent over the last 12 months. In 2021, she took 14 wickets in 9 ODIs. When South Africa toured to West Indies in early January 2022, she took 10 wickets in the 4 match series.

Khaka’s record has been excellent home and away as she has taken 43 wickets both at home and away. She has 17 wickets against Bangladesh, 16 against New Zealand, 15 against India, and 10 against England. She has two 4 wicket hauls and one five-wicket haul with her best being 5 for 26 at an average of 23.31.

As Khaka has started off the tournament in style taking a 4 wicket haul against Bangladesh putting South Africa in driver’s seat. The team will be expecting to continue her good form and be dominant throughout the tournament.

Also Read:  Match 6 – Australia vs Pakistan Women | Squad | Fantasy XI | Players to Watch | Live Streaming

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates around Women’s Cricket World Cup 2022

Dhanush Lavanya

I’m a Content Writer, Podcaster and Presenter. I’ve written 100+ articles across various sports and produced 50+ Podcast episodes. You can find my podcast “The Off Stump” on Spotify.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here