“Comeback after becoming a Mother isn’t Easy, but Nothing is Impossible,” says Bismah Maroof

Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) on Tuesday announced the squad for the 2022 ICC Women’s Cricket World Cup. The 15-member squad saw a return of Captain Bismah Maroof after a long gap. Bismah took a break from the game for the birth of her first child in December 2020 and was replaced by All-rounder Javeria Khan in the captaincy role.

Bismah Maroof with her son. PC: Instagram
Bismah Maroof with her son. PC: Instagram

However, the batting all-rounder is all set to be back on the field yet again and travel to New Zealand for the big tournament. PCB confirmed that Bismah would be accompanied by a support person to look after her child as a part of their parental policy PCB confirmed.

Sharing her excitement of being back with the squad with Geo. tv, Pakistan’s 2nd most-capped women’s ODI player said that she is over the moon to rejoin the team and that too after becoming a mother as that responsibility has its own set of difficulties with fitness being the key factor along with lack of family support and parental leave policies.

She further expressed her gratitude towards PCB, saying, “I have been supported in my decision to return to the field and I will be able to bring my mother with me to look after my daughter so I can focus on the game.”

Pakistan qualified for the World Cup based on their ranking after the qualifiers were called off due to a rise in Coronavirus cases. They begin a 10-day pre-departure camp Today onwards before flying to New Zealand on February 8. The team begins their World Camp campaign on March 6 against their biggest cricket rivals, India.

Author of the poetry book ‘The Scent of Rhythm’, I am a passionate writer and a Sports enthusiast who writes on Cricket and plays Badminton.

Also Read:  Match 1: Australia v Pakistan | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI
Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here