India beat South Africa by 2 Runs in a Warm-Up Match

Riding on Harmanpreet Kaur’s delectable century, India post a respectable score of 244-9 in 50 overs. Yastika Bhatia (58 runs off 78 balls) opened the batting with Smriti Mandhana and mustered a patient half-century.

Harmanpreet Kaur scores a Century against South Africa in Wamr-Up for World Cup 2022. PC : ICC / Twitter
Harmanpreet Kaur scores a Century against South Africa in Wamr-Up for World Cup 2022. PC : ICC / Twitter

Mandhana was hit on the helmet by a lethal bouncer from Shabnim Ismail after which the southpaw did not take the field. For South Africa, right arm speedster Ayabonga Khaka was the most successful bowler as she struck with 3-23 in her seven overs.

In reply, South Africa piled up 242-7 in 50 overs, losing the nail-biting thriller by two runs. Laura Wolvaardt (85 runs off 96 balls) and captain Sune Luus (87 runs off 96 balls) plundered half-centuries to lead the run chase. India’s left-arm spinner Rajeshwari Gayakwad wreaked havoc with 4-44 in her 10 overs.

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Also Read:  Sune Luus to lead South Africa Women's squad in Commonwealth
Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here