Warm-Up Match 15: Zimbabwe U19 v West Indies U19 | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI 

The 15th warm-up match of the ICC Women’s U19 T20 World Cup will be played between Zimbabwe and West Indies on January 11 at Tuks Oval in Pretoria, South Africa. The game will begin at 5.15 PM IST (1.45 PM LOCAL).

Warm-Up Match 15: Zimbabwe U19 v West Indies U19 | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI 

Both teams suffered defeats in their first warm-up encounter. While Zimbabwe lost to Indonesia by 15 runs, West Indies went down to England by nine wickets.

Squads

Zimbabwe: Kelis Ndlovu (c), Kelly Ndiraya, Kay Ndiraya, Adel Zimunu, Natasha Mtomba, Vimbai Mutungwindu, Danielle Meikle, Tawana Marumani, Michelle Mavunga, Olinder Chare, Kudzai Chigora, Betty Mangachena, Chipo Moyo, Faith Ndhlalambi, Rukudzo Mwakayeni

West Indies: Ashmini Munisar (c), Asabi Callendar, Jahzara Claxton, Naijanni Cumberbatch, Earnisha Fontaine, Jannillea Glasgow, Realanna Grimmond, Trishan Holder, Zaida James, Djenaba Joseph, K D Jazz Mitchell, Shalini Samaroo, Shunelle Sawh, Lena Scott, Abini St Jean

Players to Watch

Natasha Mtomba:

The opening batter of Zimbabwe Women’s U19 was the only batter to score in double digits in the last outing against Indonesia Women’s U19. She scored 15 runs off 24 balls but failed to capitalise on the start and take her team to a respectable score.

Olinder Chare: 

The talented bowler from Zimbabwe Women’s U19 wreaked havoc with the ball in the last match against Indonesia Women’s U19. She scalped 8/3 in four overs, including one maiden, and was the joint second-most economical bowler for her team.

Ashmini Munisar: 

The captain of West Indies Women’s U19 was the lone wicket-taker in her last fixture against England Women’s U19. The wily off-spinner claimed one wicket in two overs. She also scored eight runs off 16 balls, batting at number seven.

Also Read:  Hayley Matthews and co. ready to take on Australia in a limited over bilateral series

Naijanni Cumberbatch: 

The right-handed top-order batter of West Indies Women’s U19 top-scored with a fighting 25 off 33 in her last appearance against England Women’s U19. She peppered the boundary rope four times in her innings. She held her team’s batting innings together with her gritty knock.

Pitch

It will be the tournament’s fourth game at the venue, with the third match being played early in the day. Out of the two fixtures played here on January 9, the teams batting first and second have won one apiece. Expect a batting-friendly surface that will yield plenty of runs.

Weather

The weather is expected to be hot with plenty of sun. The maximum temperature attained during the day will be 34 degrees Celsius. There will be a zero percent cloud cover and a zero percent chance of rain. The wind will blow from the northeast.

Fantasy Playing XI

Shunelle Sawh, Vimbai Mutungwindu, Natasha Mtomba, Naijanni Cumberbatch, Trishan Holder, Kelis Ndlovu, Ashmini Munisar, Djenaba Joseph, Shalini Samaroo, Mitchell Mavunga, Olinder Chare

Match details

Date: January 11, 2023

Time: 5.15 PM IST (1.45 PM LOCAL)

Venue: Tuks Oval, Pretoria, South Africa

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here