Warm-Up Match 16: Pakistan U19 v New Zealand U19 | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI 

The 16th warm-up match of the ICC Women’s U19 T20 World Cup will be played between Pakistan and New Zealand on January 11 at Hammanskraal Oval in Pretoria, South Africa. The game will begin at 5.15 PM IST (1.45 PM LOCAL).

Warm-Up Match 16: Pakistan U19 v New Zealand U19 | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI 

Both teams won their first warm-up fixture. While Pakistan beat Ireland by seven wickets, New Zealand defeated Rwanda by 63 runs.

Squads

Pakistan: Syeda Aroob Shah (c), Aliza Khan, Anosha Nasir, Areesha Noor Bhatti, Eyman Fatima, Haleema Azeem Dar, Haniah Ahmer, Laiba Nasir, Mahnoor, Quratulain Ahsen, Rida Aslam, Shawaal Zulfiqar, Warda Yousaf, Zaibunnisa, Zamina Tahir Chughtai

New Zealand: Izzy Sharp (c), Olivia Anderson, Anna Browning, Kate Chandler, Natasha Codyre, Izzy Gaze, Antonia Hamilton, Abby Hotton, Fran Jonas, Louisa Kotkamp, Kayley Knight, Paige Loggenberg, Emma McLeod, Georgia Plimmer, Natasha Wakelin

Players to Watch

Eyman Fatima:

The right-handed opening batter of Pakistan Women’s U19 led the run chase from the front with a scintillating half-century in the last outing against Ireland Women’s U19. She scored an undefeated 58 off 43, including nine hits to the fence. She guided her team to a comfortable seven-wicket win chasing 90.

Syeda Aroob Shah:

The captain of Pakistan Women’s U19 was the most successful bowler for her side in the last match against Ireland Women’s U19. The wily right-arm leg-spinner accounted for 11/2 in four overs and was the most economical bowler for her team.

Paige Loggenberg: 

The right-arm speedster of New Zealand Women’s U19 was one of the most successful bowlers for her side in the last fixture against Rwanda Women’s U19. She bagged 10/2 in three overs and hit the right straps consistently.

Also Read:  Top 5 Players to watch out in U19 Women's World Cup 2023

Anna Browning: 

The dashing all-rounder of New Zealand Women’s U19 opened the batting and bowling in her last appearance against Rwanda Women’s U19. The right-hander muscled 67 off 45, including nine boundaries and a six. She also bowled her full quota of four overs and conceded 26 runs.

Pitch

It will be the tournament’s fourth game at the venue, with the third match being played early in the day. Out of the two fixtures played here on January 9, the teams batting first and second have won one each. Though the two encounters were low-scoring contests, the wicket seems good for batting. An exciting contest between bat and ball could be on the cards.

Weather

The weather is expected to be hot with plenty of sun. The maximum temperature attained during the day will be 34 degrees Celsius. There will be a zero percent cloud cover and a zero percent chance of rain. The wind will blow from the northeast.

Fantasy Playing XI

Antonia Hamilton, Izzy Gaze, Eyman Fatima, Paige Loggenberg, Georgia Plimmer, Syeda Aroob Shah, Anna Browning, Laiba Nasir, Areesha Noor, Fran Jonas, Quratulain Ahsen

Match details

Date: January 11, 2023

Time: 5.15 PM IST (1.45 PM LOCAL)

Venue: Hammanskraal Oval, Pretoria, South Africa

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Also Read:  Warm-Up Match 6: South Africa U19 v Bangladesh U19 | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI 
Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here