Warm-Up Match 14: Sri Lanka U19 v Scotland U19 | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI 

The 14th warm-up match of the ICC Women’s U19 T20 World Cup will be played between Sri Lanka and Scotland on January 11 at Steyn City School in Midrand, South Africa. The game will begin at 5.15 PM IST (1.45 PM LOCAL).

Warm-Up Match 14: Sri Lanka U19 v Scotland U19 | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI 

Both teams registered impressive wins in their first warm-up encounter. While Sri Lanka crushed UAE by 52 runs, Scotland demolished the USA by 45 runs.

Squads

Sri Lanka: Vishmi Gunaratne (c), Dahami Sanethma, Umaya Rathnayake, Rashmi Nethranjalee, Rashmika Sewwandi, Dewmi Vihanga, Manudi Nanayakkara, Sumudu Nisansala, Pamoda Shaini, Vidushika Perera, Dulanga Dissanayake, Rishmi Sanjana, Nethmi Senarathne, Harini Perera, Vihara Sewwandi

Scotland: Katherine Fraser (c), Ailsa Lister (vc)(wk), Molly Barbour-Smith, Olivia Bell, Darcey Carter, Maryam Faisal, Maisie Maceira, Orla Montgomery, Niamh Muir, Molly Paton, Niamh Robertson-Jack, Nayma Sheikh, Anne Sturgess, Emily Tucker, Emma Walsingham

Players to Watch

Nethmi Senarathne:

The opening batter of Sri Lanka Women’s U19 struck a delightful half-century in her last outing against the UAE Women’s U19. She packed a punch with a 55-ball 53, and her innings was laced with five boundaries and two sixes. She scored more than half of her team’s total of 90 in that game.

Vidushika Perera: 

The wily left-arm spinner of Sri Lanka Women’s U19 was one of the most successful bowlers for her side in the last match against the UAE Women’s U19. She scalped 5/3 in four overs, including one maiden and was the most economical bowler for her team.

Katherine Fraser: 

The promising right-arm off-spinner of Scotland Women’s U19 had a great day at the office with the ball as she picked 7/3 in three overs, including one maiden in her last fixture against the USA Women’s U19. The wily spinner was the most economical bowler for her side. She also scored 19 off 24, batting at number. She hit one boundary and cleared the rope once.

Also Read:  Rwanda announces their squad for inaugural ICC Women’s U19 T20 World Cup 2023

Ailsa Lister: 

The right-handed opening batter of Scotland Women’s U19 gave a perfect start to her team, muscling a run a ball 42. Her innings was studded with three fours and a six. She played some stunning shots and ran well between the wickets.

Pitch

It will be the tournament’s fourth game at the venue, with the third match being played early in the day. Out of the two fixtures played here on January 9, the teams batting first and second have won one each. The wicket is batting-friendly and likely to produce plenty of runs.

Weather

The weather is expected to be very warm with plenty of sunshine. The maximum temperature attained during the day will be 31 degrees Celsius. There will be a zero percent cloud cover and a zero percent chance of rain. The wind will blow from the northeast.

Fantasy Playing XI

Ailsa Lister, Nethmi Senarathne, Olivia Bell, Manudi Nanayakkara, Vishmi Gunarathne, Darcey Carter, Vihara Sewwandi, Nayma Shaikh, Vidushika Perera, Katherine Fraser, Umaya Rathnayake

Match details

Date: January 11, 2023

Time: 5.15 PM IST (1.45 PM LOCAL)

Venue: St Stithians College in Sandton, South Africa

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here