Warm-Up Match 10: USA U19 v UAE U19 | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI 

The 10th warm-up match of the ICC Women’s U19 T20 World Cup will be played between USA and UAE on January 11 at Steyn City School in Midrand, South Africa. The game will begin at 1.30 PM IST (10 AM LOCAL).

Warm-Up Match 10: USA U19 v UAE U19 | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI 

Both teams suffered defeats in their first warm-up fixture. While the USA went down to Scotland by 45 runs, UAE lost to Sri Lanka by 52 runs.

Squads

USA: Geetika Kodali (c), Anika Kolan, Aditi Chudasama, Bhumika Bhadriraju, Disha Dhingra, Isani Vaghela, Jivana Aras, Laasya Mullapudi, Pooja Ganesh, Pooja Shah, Ritu Singh, Sai Tanmayi Eyyunni, Snigdha Paul, Suhani Thadani, Taranum Chopra

UAE: Theertha Satish (c), Vaishnave Mahesh, Samaira Dharnidharka, Lavanya Keny, Sanchin Singh, Rinitha Rajith, Indhuja Nandakumar, Siya Gokhale, Mahika Gaur, Avanee Sunil Patil, Archara Supriya, Rishitha Rajith, Geethika Jyothis, Sanjana Ramesh, Ishitha Zehra

Players to Watch

Isani Vaghela:

The right-handed middle-order batter of USA Women’s U19 starred with the bat in her last outing against Scotland Women’s U19. Batting at number five, she registered 40 off 42, including one boundary. She also bagged 20/2 in three overs, bowling right-arm medium-pace.

Bhumika Bhadriraju:

The wily right-arm off-spinner of USA Women’s U19 was one of the most successful bowlers in her last match against Scotland Women’s U19. She claimed 26/2 in four overs and exhibited good control over her lines and lengths.

Geethika Jyothis: 

The right-arm speedster of UAE Women’s U19 was the most successful bowler in her last fixture against Sri Lanka Women’s U19. She accounted for 10/2 in two overs. She also had a good day on the field, taking one catch and helping in a run-out.

Also Read:  Australia’s golden run continues as they defeat UAE by 6 Wickets

Theertha Satish: 

The captain of UAE Women’s U19 is a left-handed opening batter and wicketkeeper. She top-scored for her team in her last appearance against South Africa Women’s U19. She mustered eight off nine balls. Though she failed to score big in that match, she has been a prolific performer for her side over the last few months.

Pitch

It will be the tournament’s third game at the venue. The teams batting first and second have won one match each. Though the last fixture played here was a rain-curtailed affair, the weather forecast for the USA-UAE game indicates no chance of precipitation. An exciting contest between bat and ball could be on the cards.

Weather

The weather is expected to be very warm with plenty of sunshine. The maximum temperature attained during the day will be 31 degrees Celsius. There will be a zero percent cloud cover and a zero percent chance of rain. The wind will blow from the northeast.

Fantasy Playing XI

Theertha Satish, Anika Kolan, Siya Gokhale, Lavanya Keny, Isani Vaghela, Geethika Jyothis, Indhuja Nandakumar, Aditi Chudasama, Bhumika Bhadriraju, Geetika Kodali, Archara Supriya

Match details

Date: January 11, 2023

Time: 1.30 PM IST (10 AM LOCAL)

Venue: Steyn City School, Midrand, South Africa

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here