Warm-Up Match 9: India U19 v Bangladesh U19 | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI 

The ninth warm-up match of the ICC Women’s U19 T20 World Cup will be played between India and Bangladesh on January 11 at St Stithians College in Sandton, South Africa. The game will begin at 1.30 PM IST (10 AM LOCAL).

Warm-Up Match 9: India U19 v Bangladesh U19 | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI 

Both teams won their first warm-up fixture. While India beat Australia by 18 runs, Bangladesh defeated South Africa by six wickets (DLS method).

Squads

India: Shafali Verma (c), Shweta Sehrawat (vc), Richa Ghosh (wk), G Trisha, Soumya Tiwari, Sonia Mehdiya, Hurley Gala, Hrishita Basu (wk), Sonam Yadav, Mannat Kashyap, Archana Devi, Parshavi Chopra, Titas Sadhu, Falak Naz, Shabnam MD

Bangladesh: Disha Biswas (c), Shorna Akter, Rabeya, Marufa Akter, Dilara Akter, Misty Rany Saha, Reya Akter Shika, Sumaiya Akter, Afia Humaira Anam Prottasha, Mst Unnoti Akter, Mst Dipa Khatun, Leky Chakma, Asrafi Yeasmin Arthy, Jannatul Maoua, Mst Eva.

Players to Watch

Hrishita Basu:

The right-handed middle-order batter of India Women’s U19 top-scored with 28 off 39 in her last outing against Australia Women’s U19. Batting at number seven, she smashed three boundaries. She is a good finisher. Besides her batting, she can keep wickets.

Shafali Verma: 

The captain of India Women’s U19 had an impressive performance with the ball in her last match against Australia Women’s U19. The wily spinner was the pick of the bowlers with 8/3 in four overs, including one maiden. She is also an attacking right-handed opening batter.

Marufa Akter: 

The right-arm pace sensation of Bangladesh Women’s U19 was the most successful bowler in her last fixture against South Africa Women’s U19. She opened the bowling and scalped 13/3 in four overs. She also scored 14 off 11, batting at number five.

Also Read:  All you need to know about WPL 2024 | Schedule | Squad | Time | Live Streaming

Shorna Akter: 

The right-handed middle-order batter of Bangladesh Women’s U19 led the run chase from the front in her last appearance against South Africa Women’s U19. She mustered an unbeaten 20 off 21 to guide her team to a six-wicket win in a rain-curtailed affair. She also claimed 22/1 in three overs.  

Pitch

It will be the tournament’s third game at the venue. The teams batting first won the last two matches played here. The surface looks good for batting. Expect a high-scoring contest. However, the first hour of the play will be crucial, with the fast bowlers getting some assistance in the morning.

Weather

The weather is expected to be very warm with plenty of sunshine. The maximum temperature attained during the day will be 31 degrees Celsius. There will be a one percent cloud cover and a one percent chance of rain. The wind will blow from the northeast.

Fantasy Playing XI

Hrishita Basu, Richa Ghosh, Shafali Verma, Soumya Tiwari, Sumaiya Akter, Shorna Akter, Archana Devi, Sonia Mendhiya, Marufa Akter, Disha Biswas, Sonam Yadav

Match details

Date: January 11, 2023

Time: 1.30 PM IST (10 AM LOCAL)

Venue: St Stithians College, Sandton, South Africa

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Also Read:  The Super Sixes Battle in U19 World Cup begins 21st January
Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here