Warm-Up Match 6: South Africa U19 v Bangladesh U19 | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI 

The sixth warm-up match of the ICC Women’s U19 T20 World Cup will be played between South Africa and Bangladesh on January 9 at Steyn City School in Midrand, South Africa. The game will begin at 5.15 PM IST (1.45 PM LOCAL).

Warm-Up Match 6: South Africa U19 v Bangladesh U19 | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI 

Squads

South Africa: Elandri Janse Van Rensburg, Simone Lourens, Anica Swart, Karabo Meso, Madison Landsman (vc), Oluhle Siyo (c), Kayla Reyneke, Jenna Evans, Miane Smit, Ayanda Hlubi, Seshnie Naidu, Refilwe Moncho, Mona Lisa Legodi, Nthabiseng Nini, Jemma Botha

Bangladesh: Disha Biswas (c), Shorna Akter, Rabeya, Marufa Akter, Dilara Akter, Misty Rany Saha, Reya Akter Shika, Sumaiya Akter, Afia Humaira Anam Prottasha, Mst Unnoti Akter, Mst Dipa Khatun, Leky Chakma, Asrafi Yeasmin Arthy, Jannatul Maoua, Mst Eva.

Players to Watch

Ayanda Hlubi: 

She is a right-arm pace sensation of South Africa Women’s U19. She is an excellent new ball bowler and recently hit the headlines after getting out India’s swashbuckling opening batter, Shafali Verma, for a golden duck in the T20 bilateral series that was played a few days back.

Elandri Janse Van Rensburg: 

She is a right-handed opening batter of South Africa Women’s U19. She has been a prolific performer at the domestic level, playing for Limpopo. She will be expected to provide a solid start to the hosts.

Dilara Akter: 

She is a wicket-keeper and right-handed opening batter of Bangladesh Women’s U19. She made her international debut for Bangladesh last year and featured in two ODIs and as many T20Is. Her contributions with the bat and behind the stumps will be the key.

Sumaiya Akter: 

She is a right-handed opening batter and a wily right-arm off-spinner of Bangladesh Women’s U19. She is an exciting all-rounder who plays for Mymensingh Division at the domestic level. Bangladesh would expect her to contribute significantly with bat and ball in this World Cup.

Also Read:  3rd T20I : Pakistan vs Bangladesh | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Pitch

Before the World Cup, the venue hosted the five-match T20 series between India Women’s U19 and South Africa Women’s U19 a few days back. The hosts have the experience of playing here. It will be interesting if the wicket used for this fixture is new or the one that was used for the bilateral series. It will be the tournament’s second match, with the first game being played early in the day. Expect a riveting battle between bat and ball.

Weather

The weather is expected to be sunny to partly cloudy and nice. The maximum temperature attained during the day will be 27 degrees Celsius. There will be a 20 percent cloud cover and a 25 percent chance of rain. The wind will blow from the northwest.

Fantasy Playing XI

Dilara Akter, Karabo Meso, Elandri Janse Van Rensburg, Oluhle Siyo, Sumaiya Akter, Ayanda Hlubi, Kayla Reyneke, Shorna Akter, Disha Biswas, Marufa Akter, Seshnie Naidu

Match details

Date: January 9, 2023

Time: 5.15 PM IST (1.45 PM LOCAL)

Venue: Steyn City School in Midrand, South Africa

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here