Warm-Up Match 5: UAE U19 v Sri Lanka U19 | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI 

The fifth warm-up match of the ICC Women’s U19 T20 World Cup will be played between UAE and Sri Lanka on January 9 at St Stithians College in Sandton, South Africa. The game will begin at 5.15 PM IST (1.45 PM LOCAL).

Warm-Up Match 5: UAE U19 v Sri Lanka U19 | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI 

Squads

UAE: Theertha Satish (c), Vaishnave Mahesh, Samaira Dharnidharka, Lavanya Keny, Sanchin Singh, Rinitha Rajith, Indhuja Nandakumar, Siya Gokhale, Mahika Gaur, Avanee Sunil Patil, Archara Supriya, Rishitha Rajith, Geethika Jyothis, Sanjana Ramesh, Ishitha Zehra.

Sri Lanka: Vishmi Gunaratne (c), Dahami Sanethma, Umaya Rathnayake, Rashmi Nethranjalee, Rashmika Sewwandi, Dewmi Vihanga, Manudi Nanayakkara, Sumudu Nisansala, Pamoda Shaini, Vidushika Perera, Dulanga Dissanayake, Rishmi Sanjana, Nethmi Senarathne, Harini Perera, Vihara Sewwandi

Players to Watch

Siya Gokhale: 

She is a right-handed batter and a right-arm medium-pace bowler of UAE Women’s U19. She has already played international cricket for the UAE’s senior women’s team and has featured in 17 T20Is since her debut last year.

Indhuja Nandakumar: 

She is a talented bowling all-rounder of UAE Women’s U19. She has played international cricket for the senior women’s team as a right-handed seamer and a right-handed batter. In her 22 T20Is, she has 14 wickets, including a four-fer.

Vishmi Gunaratne: 

The captain of Sri Lanka Women’s U19 is a right-handed opening batter. She has been a part of the Sri Lanka set-up since 2021, having played two ODIs and nine T20Is. She has over 100 T20I runs, including the best of 45.

Manudi Nanayakkara: 

She is a promising all-rounder of Sri Lanka Women’s U19. She is a left-handed batter and a right-arm speedster who plays her domestic cricket for Western. Her contributions with bat and ball will be pivotal for Sri Lanka in this World Cup.

Also Read:  Warm-Up Match 3: Pakistan U19 v Ireland U19 | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI 

Pitch

It will be the tournament’s second game at the venue, with the first match being played early in the day. Expect a relatively fresh wicket that will be hard and produce plenty of runs. A high-scoring contest could be on the cards. The spinners could play the key in the second half of the match.

Weather

The weather is expected to be sunny to partly cloudy and comfortable. The maximum temperature attained during the day will be 27 degrees Celsius. There will be a 26 percent cloud cover and a 25 percent chance of rain. The wind will blow from the northwest.

Fantasy Playing XI

Sumudu Nisansala, Theertha Satish, Manudi Nanayakkara, Siya Gokhale, Vishmi Gunaratne, Indhuja Nandakumar, Samair Dharnidharka, Vihara Sewwandi, Archara Supriya, Rishitha Rajith, Umaya Rathnayake

Match details

Date: January 9, 2023

Time: 5.15 PM IST (1.45 PM LOCAL)

Venue: St Stithians College in Sandton, South Africa

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here