Warm-Up Match 7: New Zealand U19 v Rwanda U19 | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI 

The seventh warm-up match of the ICC Women’s U19 T20 World Cup will be played between New Zealand and Rwanda on January 9 at Tuks Oval in Pretoria, South Africa. The game will begin at 5.15 PM IST (1.45 PM LOCAL).

Warm-Up Match 7: New Zealand U19 v Rwanda U19 | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI 

Squads

New Zealand: Izzy Sharp (c), Olivia Anderson, Anna Browning, Kate Chandler, Natasha Codyre, Isabella Gaze, Antonia Hamilton, Abigail Hotton, Fran Jonas, Louisa Kotkamp, Kayley Knight, Paige Loggenberg, Emma McLeod, Georgia Plimmer, Tash Wakelin

Rwanda: Gisele Ishimwe (c), Merveille Uwase, Henriette Isimbi, Marie Jose Tumukunde, Giovannis Uwase, Sharila Niyomuhoza, Sylvia Usabyimana, Henriette Therese Ishimwe, Divine Gihozo Ishimwe, Belyse Murekatete, Cynthia Uwera, Cesarie Muragajimana, Rosine Uwera, Zurafat Ishimwe

Players to Watch

Georgia Plimmer: 

She is a right-handed middle-order batter of New Zealand Women’s U19. She made her international debut last year and has featured in three ODIs and 10 T20Is. At the domestic level, she represents Wellington Blaze.

Anna Browning: 

She is one of the best all-rounders in the New Zealand Women’s U19 squad. She plays her domestic cricket for Auckland Hearts as a right-handed opening batter and a right-arm medium-pace bowler. She has been a phenomenal performer over the years.

Henriette Ishimwe: 

She has a wealth of experience, having played 44 T20Is for Rwanda since 2019. In her 44 T20Is, the right-handed batter has muscled 389 runs, including the best of 48. With the ball, the right-arm quick has claimed 33 wickets at an economy of under five runs per over.

Merveille Uwase: 

She is a right-handed batter and wicket-keeper of Rwanda Women’s U19. She made her international debut last year and has featured in four T20Is. She has batted once for Rwanda and has the best score of 14 not out.

Also Read:  SWOT Analysis of India's Squad selected for U19 Women’s T20 World Cup 2023

Pitch

It will be the tournament’s second game at this venue, with the first fixture being played early in the day. Before the World Cup, the venue hosted just one women’s T20I. It was played between South Africa and Pakistan in 2019. Pakistan successfully chased 120. The wicket is expected to be batting-friendly. Expect plenty of runs being scored. Bowlers will have to hit the right straps consistently to yield dividends.

Weather

The weather is expected to be mostly sunny, pleasant, and warmer. The maximum temperature attained during the day will be 30 degrees Celsius. There will be an 18 percent cloud cover and a three percent chance of rain. The wind will blow from the north-northwest.

Fantasy Playing XI

Izzy Gaze, Merveille Uwase, Georgia Plimmer, Henriette Ishimwe, Tash Wakelin, Anna Browning, Gisele Ishimwe, Kate Chandler, Belyse Murekatete, Bree Illing, Fran Jonas

Match details

Date: January 9, 2023

Time: 5.15 PM IST (1.45 PM LOCAL)

Venue: Tuks Oval in Pretoria, South Africa

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here