Match 1: Dragons vs Scorchers | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming | Pitch Report

Dragons and Scorchers will go head-to-head in the 2024 Super 20 Trophy, Ireland’s domestic Twenty20 (T20) competition for women, opener on the 16th of June 2024. The game will be played at Wallace Park, Lisburn, and live action gets underway at 3:15 PM Indian Standard Time (IST).

Match 1 Dragons vs Scorchers
Match 1 Dragons vs Scorchers

Squads:

Dragons – Amy Hunter (C), Sarah Black, Emily Calvert, Alana Dalzell, Mollie Devine, Tahlia Dunne, Aoife Fisher, Jemma Gillan, Abbi Harrison, Arlene Kelly, Louise Little, Kia McCartney, Lucy McGranaghan, Cara Murray, Orla Prendergast, Millie Spence, Claudia Green, Elise Noble

Scorchers – Leah Paul (C), Sibha Bhoja, Christina Coulter Reilly, Shauna Kavanagh, Gaby Lewis, Isabel Light, Sophie MacMahon, Niamh MacNulty, Aimee Maguire, Jane Maguire, Lara Maritz, Ellie McGee, Genevieve Morrissey, Alice Tector, Siuin Woods, Modester Mupachikwa, Clare Webber

Players to watch out:

Amy Hunter

The 18-year-old keeper-batter, from 34 T20I outings, has racked up 906 runs, including the highest score of 101*, at an average of 32.35 and a strike rate of 111.85. Amy recently notched up consecutive T20I scores of 25, 71, and 34* and has also been amongst runs this domestic season. Given the form she is in, she can be counted on for runs.

Cara Murray

The 23-year-old leg-spinner, from 47 T20I innings, has scalped 33 wickets, including the best of 3/9, maintaining an economy rate of 6.82. Cara wasn’t at her consistent best in her recent T20I campaign; however, in the 1st leg One-Day fixtures this domestic season, she returned figures of 5/42 and 2/31. It’s hoped she carries this form into the T20 campaign.

Also Read:  Match 26: Central Hinds vs Northern Brave | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming | Pitch Report I

Gaby Lewis

The 23-year-old opening batter, averaging 27.43 and striking at 114.49, has amassed 2030 runs from 87 T20Is. Though Gaby departed for a duck in her most recent T20I, she was amongst the runs in that campaign and also in the One Day fixtures this domestic season, registering scores of 90(108) and 39(45). She can be banked upon to lead the scoring.

Jane Maguire

The 21-year-old pacer, from 20 T20I outings, has taken 12 wickets, including the best of 2/14, maintaining an economy rate of 6.42. Jane has managed to bowl economical spells but has only taken one wicket in her previous five T20Is. In her couple of One Day fixtures this domestic season, she produced figures of 2/35 and 1/25, and she’ll be backed to continue this momentum.

Pitch:

The 22-yard strip at the venue heavily favors the pacers, creating ideal conditions for bowling, evident from the average score in the 110s. Batters, when they settle in and find their rhythm, can accumulate runs effectively as the ball comes off the bat nicely.

Weather:

With rain on the radar throughout the day, there is a high possibility of the game being abandoned. The temperature is forecasted to hover around 14°C, with light winds and humidity at 80%.

Fantasy playing XI:

Amy Hunter, Shauna Kavanagh, Modester Mupachikwa, Gaby Lewis, Sophie MacMahon, Arlene Kelly, Orla Prendergast, Claudia Green, Leah Paul, Cara Murray, Jane Maguire

Match details:

Date – June 16, 2024

Time – 3:15 PM IST

Venue – Wallace Park, Lisburn

Broadcast – The game will be live-streamed on Cricket Ireland’s YouTube channel, and scorecards can be accessed on Cricket Ireland’s match center web portal.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here