2nd T20I: England v South Africa | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

The second T20I of the three-match series between England and South Africa will be played on July 23 at the New Road in Worcester. The match will start at 7PM IST. England lead the series 1-0.

2nd T20I: England v South Africa | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

In the first T20I that was played on July 21 in Chelmsford, England beat South Africa by six wickets. Batting first, South Africa were reduced to a paltry score of 111/9 in 20 overs and in reply, England chased down the target in just 15 overs. Laura Wolvaardt starred with the bat for the visitors with 55 runs while for the hosts Sophia Dunkley top scored with 59. Among the bowlers, Ayabonga Khaka was the most successful one for South Africa as she accounted for three wickets while for England, it was Katherine Brunt, who wreaked havoc picking up four wickets.

Head-to-Head

England and South Africa have played 20 T20Is against each other, out of which England have won 16, South Africa have won three and one match did not produce a result.

Squads

England: Heather Knight (c), Maia Bouchier, Katherine Brunt, Alice Capsey, Kate Cross, Freya Davies, Sophia Dunkley, Sophie Ecclestone, Sarah Glenn, Amy Jones, Freya Kemp, Nat Sciver (vc), Bryony Smith, Issy Wong, Danni Wyatt

South Africa: Sune Luus (c), Anneke Bosch, Trisha Chetty (wk), Nadine de Klerk, Lara Goodall, Shabnim Ismail, Sinalo Jafta, Marizanne Kapp, Ayabonga Khaka, Nonkululeko Mlaba, Tumi Sekhukhune, Chloe Tryon, Laura Wolvaardt, Mignon du Preez, Delmi Tucker, Masabata Klass

Players to watch

Katherine Brunt: This right-arm speedster from England won the player of the match in the first T20I against South Africa. She opened the bowling and registered her best bowling figures of 15/4 in four overs in T20I cricket. She struck in her very first over and gave England the perfect start with the ball. She bowled well with the new ball as well as in the death overs.

Also Read:  3rd T20I: England v South Africa Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Sophia Dunkley: The right-handed opening batter picked up from where she had left in the ODIs and continued to take the attack to the South African bowlers. She muscled 59 runs off 39 balls, including five boundaries and three sixes in the first T20I. She opened the batting for England in T20Is for the first time and registered her best score to date.

Laura Wolvaardt: This prolific right-handed batter of South Africa is nothing less than a run machine. In the first T20I against England, coming in at number four, she top-scored with 55 runs off 49 balls, including seven boundaries. She came in to bat in the third over and was there in the middle till the last over of the innings, guiding her team to a decent total.

Ayabonga Khaka: She was the most successful bowler for South Africa in the first T20I against England. The right arm medium pace bowler claimed 13/3 in four overs and was the most economical bowler for the Proteas. She came in to bowl as the first change and bowled well in the middle phase of the innings.

Pitch

This will be the first ever Women’s T20I that will be played at this venue. Expect a hard and fresh wicket that will assist the batters. A high scoring contest can be on the cards given the weather conditions also look good for batting.

Weather

The weather is expected to see times of clouds and sun. The temperature can go up to 24 degrees Celsius. The expected cloud cover is 70 percent and the probability of precipitation is 25 percent. The wind will blow from the south-west.

Also Read:  Summary: 3rd ODI - England take the series 2-0 against Pakistan after final match gets abandoned

Fantasy Playing XI

Amy Jones, Anneke Bosch, Heather Knight, Sophia Dunkley, Laura Wolvaardt, Natalie Sciver, Chloe Tryon, Katherine Brunt, Sarah Glenn, Sophie Ecclestone, Ayabonga Khaka

Match details

Date: July 23, 2022

Time: 7PM IST

Venue: New Road, Worcester

Live streaming: SONY LIV

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here