3rd T20I: Australia vs South Africa | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming | Pitch Report

With Australia claiming the Twenty20 International (T20I) opener and visitors South Africa registering a historic win in the 2nd T20I, the 3-match series has its decider scheduled for the 30th of January, 2024, at Blundstone Arena, Hobart, at 1:35 PM Indian Standard Time (IST).

Blundstone Arena, Hobart
Blundstone Arena, Hobart.

Squads:

Australia – Alyssa Healy (C), Darcie Brown, Heather Graham, Ashleigh Gardner, Kim Garth, Grace Harris, Jess Jonassen, Phoebe Litchfield, Tahlia McGrath, Beth Mooney, Ellyse Perry, Megan Schutt, Annabel Sutherland, Georgia Wareham

South Africa – Laura Wolvaardt (C), Anneke Bosch, Tazmin Brits, Nadine de Klerk, Mieke de Ridder (WK), Ayanda Hlubi, Sinalo Jafta (WK), Marizanne Kapp, Ayabonga Khaka, Masabata Klaas, Suné Luus, Eliz-Mari Marx, Nonkululeko Mlaba, Chloe Tryon, Delmi Tucker

Players to watch out:

Tahlia McGrath

The 28-year-old all-rounder in T20Is, from 29 outings, has amassed 884 runs, at an average of 44.20, a strike rate of 135.79, and bagged 16 wickets from 22 games. Tahlia in her previous 4 T20Is has registered scores of 19, 20, 24, and 23, and it’ll be expected of the seasoned campaigner to capitalize on these starts and also be amongst the wickets.

Darcie Brown

The 20-year-old pacer, from 29 T20Is, has scalped 28 wickets, including the best of 3/20, maintaining an economy rate of 6.28. Darcie, in the T20I opener, returned figures of 2/20 and was rested in the following game. With the series on the line and the wicket expected to favor pacers, the team will count on her to deliver the goods.

Suné Luus

The 28-year-old all-rounder, from 81 T20I outings with the bat, has racked up 1231 runs, including the highest of 71, while also taking 49 wickets, including the best of 5/8, from 66 innings. Suné, in the practice fixture, scored a fine 30, and in the opener, departed for 19. She has been amongst runs lately and can be banked on to step up for the team.

Also Read:  Alana King's brilliance and Beth Mooney's fifty seal victory for Australia

Chloe Tryon

The 30-year-old all-rounder, striking at 137.26, has accumulated 1083 runs from 74 outings, while also bagging 31 wickets from 60 innings, including respective bests of 57* and 4/15. Chloe hasn’t been required much with the bat this series, while she has finished with bowling figures of 0/13 (3) and 0/10 (2). Her efforts will prove decisive in the decider.

Pitch:

The 22-yard strip at Blundstone Arena dishes out a quick track, one that poses challenges for batters and provides an advantage to pacers. Yet, the average score in the 130s indicates delightful conditions for scoring runs with a quick outfield.

Weather:

The conditions are ideal for cricket at Blundstone Arena with bright and clear overheads. The temperature is forecasted to hover around 20°C with light winds and a humidity level of 59%.

Fantasy playing XI:

Beth Mooney, Alyssa Healy, Laura Wolvaardt, Phoebe Litchfield, Marizanne Kapp, Ashleigh Gardner, Chloe Tryon, Tahlia McGrath, Nadine de Klerk, Darcie Brown

Match details:

Date – January 30, 2024

Time – 1:35 PM IST

Venue – Blundstone Arena, Hobart

Broadcast – The game will be telecasted by Star Sports and live-streamed on Disney+ Hotstar.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here