3rd T20I: South Africa vs Sri Lanka | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming | Pitch Report

With both South Africa and Sri Lanka registering a win each, the 3-match Twenty20 International (T20I) series hangs in the balance ahead of the series decider, the 3rd T20I, slated for the 3rd of April, 2024. The game will be played at Buffalo Park, East London, and live action commences at 9:30 PM Indian Standard Time (IST).

Buffalo Park, East London.
Buffalo Park, East London.

Squads:

South Africa – Laura Wolvaardt (C), Anneke Bosch, Tazmin Brits, Nadine de Klerk, Annerie Dercksen, Sinalo Jafta, Marizanne Kapp, Ayabonga Khaka, Masabata Klaas, Suné Luus, Eliz-Mari Marx, Karabo Meso, Nonkululeko Mlaba, Tumi Sekhukhune, Chloé Tryon

Sri Lanka – Chamari Athapaththu (C), Vishmi Gunaratne, Nilakshi de Silva, Harshitha Samarawickrama, Kavisha Dilhari, Hasini Perera, Anushka Sanjeewani, Oshadi Ranasinghe, Udeshika Prabodhani, Inoka Ranaweera, Achini Kulasuriya, Hansima Karunaratne, Imesha Dulani, Kawya Kavindi, Inoshi Fernando, Sugandika Kumari, Prasadini Weerakkody

Players to watch out:

Tazmin Brits

The 33-year-old opening batter has amassed 1160 runs from 47 T20I innings, including the highest of 78, at an average of 30.52 and a strike rate of 105.16. Though Tazmin departed cheaply for scores of 15 and 7 in the first couple of T20Is, she’ll be backed to capitalize on these starts, leading the scoring.

Annerie Dercksen

The 22-year-old all-rounder has played only a handful of international games and looks to have found her footing in this series. Annette has been in impressive form and kicked off the ongoing series producing figures of 2/15 (3.3) and followed up with figures of 0/15 (2). She’ll be relied upon for the goods.

Harshitha Samarawickrama

The 25-year-old top-order batter accumulated 979 runs, at an average of 27.19, from 47 T20Is and recorded the highest of 81. Harshitha has been in notable form this series, registering consecutive scores of 38 and 12, and can be counted on to build on these starts, contributing significantly to the tally.

Also Read:  Alyssa Healy's 99, Darcie Brown's 5-Wicket Haul stuns South Africa at WACA

Achini Kulasuriya

The 33-year-old pacer, from 25 T20I innings, has scalped 14 wickets, with the best of 2/19, maintaining an economy rate of 7.05. Achini has displayed outstanding form in this series, returning figures of 2/39 and 2/26. It’ll be expected that she makes the most of this form, delivering another impactful spell.

Pitch:

The Buffalo Park offers a well-balanced center wicket that features a fair contest between bat and ball. It offers favorable conditions for spinners to excel, while batters also find delight in the pitch, with an average score in the 120s.

Weather:

It will be a pleasant day for cricket at Buffalo Park with no expected rain interruptions and partly cloudy skies. The temperature will be around 21°C, with light winds and a humidity level of 68%.

Fantasy playing XI:

Anushka Sanjeewani, Laura Wolvaardt, Harshitha Samarawickrama, Anneke Bosch, Vishmi Gunaratne, Chamari Athapaththu, Marizanne Kapp, Kavisha Dilhari, Nadine de Klerk, Chloé Tryon, Achini Kulasuriya

Match details:

Date – April 3, 2024

Time – 9:30 PM IST

Venue – Buffalo Park, East London

Broadcast – The game will be live-streamed on the FanCode app and website.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here