Sonia Mendhiya’s 60 help India D chase down India A’s 187 Runs

Day 2 of the Women’s U19 One Day Challenger Trophy saw two matches being played at Jaipur.

India B vs India C – Women’s U19 One Day Challenger Trophy 2021-22

India B locked horns against India C at the RCA Academy Ground in Jaipur. Winning the toss and electing to bat first, India B posted a fighting score of 198 in 49.2 overs and in reply, India C were restricted to 118-8 in 50 overs, falling short of 80 runs. India B’s captain Anushka Sharma (41) and Chandra Shushanthika (41) were the top run-getters for the side, while for India C, it was Aaradhana Bisht (42 not out), who top scored for the team. With the ball, India C’s Sakshi Thakur was the pick of the bowlers as she scalped 3-26 in her eight overs, while for India B, Anushka Sharma and N R Shree Charani claimed two wickets apiece.

Brief Score: India B 198 all out in 49.2 over (A Sharma 41, C Shushanthika 41; S Thakur 3-26) beat India C 118-8 in 50 overs (A Bisht 42 not out; A Sharma 2-18, N R Shree Charani 2-21) by 80 runs

India A vs India D – Women’s U19 One Day Challenger Trophy 2021-22

Sonia Mendhiya. PC: HaryanaCricket
Sonia Mendhiya. PC: HaryanaCricket

India A took on India D at the KL Saini Stadium in Jaipur. Winning the toss and electing to bat first, India A posted 187-5 in 50 overs and in reply India D chased down the target in 48.3 overs, winning the match by five wickets and nine balls to spare. For India A, wicket-keeper bat Soumya Verma top-scored with an unbeaten 48 off 93 balls, including five boundaries, while for India D, Sonia Mendhiya led the run chase by slamming a 94-ball 60, hitting nine boundaries. With the ball, India D’s Mendhiya was the pick of the bowlers as she accounted for 2-37 in 10 overs, while India A’s Muskan Sogi was the most successful bowler for the team picking up 2-22 in her 10 overs, including two maidens.

Also Read:  Match 3: India U19 v South Africa U19 | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Brief Score: India A 187-5 in 50 overs (S Verma 48 not out; S Mendhiya 2-37) lost to India D 191-5 in 48.3 overs (S Mendhiya 60; M Sogi 2-22) by 5 wickets

India B and India D have pocked 4 points each for their wins.

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here