Yastika Bhatia’s 107 and Palak Patel’s 127 help Baroda beat Chhattisgarh by mighty 140 Runs

On November 1, three matches were played among six teams of Elite Group E in Round 4 of senior women’s one day tournament, a domestic competition in India.

Baroda Women's Cricket Team
Baroda Women’s Cricket Team

Chhattisgarh vs Baroda – senior women’s one day trophy 2021-22

Chhattisgarh and Baroda locked horns against each other at the VCA stadium, Civil Lines in Nagpur. Batting first, Baroda posted a daunting score of 291-2 in 50 overs, riding on twin centuries from Palak Patel (127) and Yastika Bhatia (107 not out). In reply, Chhattisgarh were bowled out for 151 in 49.2 overs, losing the match by 140 runs and the wrecker-in-chief was Jaya Mohite, who scalped 3-27 in her 10 overs, including one maiden. For Chhattisgarh, middle-order bat Manpreet Kaur top scored with 37 runs off 69 balls, including two boundaries and with the ball, Ritu Meshram was the pick of the bowlers as she struck with 2-44 in her 10 overs, including one maiden.

Brief Score: Baroda 291-2 in 50 overs (P Patel 127; R Meshram 2- 44) beat Chhattisgarh 151 all out in 49.2 overs (M Kaur 37; J Mohite 3-27) by 140 runs

Saurashtra vs Uttar Pradesh – senior women’s one day trophy 2021-22

Uttar Pradesh took on Saurashtra at the VCA stadium, Jamtha in Nagpur. Batting first, Saurashtra scored 136 in 46.5 overs and in reply, Uttar Pradesh chased down the target with ease as they completed the formalities in 34 overs, winning the match by eight wickets. Mridulakumari Jadeja’s (59) half century went in vain as her team failed to win the match. While for Uttar Pradesh, Shobha Devi (67) led the run chase. With the ball, Rashi Kanojiya was the pick of the bowlers for Uttar Pradesh accounting for 3-25 in her 9.5 overs, while for Saurashtra, Reena Dabhi struck with 1-26 in her five overs.

Also Read:  Chhattisgarh squad for SENIOR WOMENS T20 LEAGUE 2017-18

Brief Score: Saurashtra 136 all out in 46.5 overs (M Jadeja 59; R Kanojiya 3-25) lost to Uttar Pradesh 137-2 in 34 overs (S Devi 67; R Dabhi 1-26) by 8 wickets

Karnataka vs Pondicherry – senior women’s one day trophy 2021-22

Karnataka and Pondicherry played against each other at Lady Amritbai Daga College Ground in Nagpur. Batting first, Karnataka posted a formidable score of 298-5 in 50 overs, thanks to Vrinda Dinesh’s (104) stellar century and Divya Gnanananda’s (54) half-century. In reply, Pondicherry were bundled out for a paltry 91 in 45.5 overs, losing the match by 207 runs, as Monica Patel, Challuru Prathyusha and Rameshwari Gayakwad ran through their line-up picking up three wickets apiece. For Pondicherry, Rebecca Arul top scored with 27 runs off 79 balls and with the ball, captain Sheral Rozario was the pick of the bowlers as she scalped 2-46 in her 10 overs.

Brief Score: Karnataka 298-5 in 50 overs (Vrinda D 104; S Rozario 2-46) beat Pondicherry 91 all out in 45.5 overs (R Arul 27; M Patel 3-9, R Gayakwad 3-16, C Prathyusha 3-16) by 207 runs

Baroda, Uttar Pradesh and Karnataka have pocked 4 points each for their wins.

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here