Delhi’s Ayushi Soni scored Fifty, Parunika Sisodia took 5 Wickets to defeat Jharkhand

On October 31, three matches were played among six teams of Elite Group A in Round 3 of senior women’s one day tournament, a domestic competition in India.

Delhi Women's State Cricket Team
Delhi Women’s State Cricket Team

Tripura vs Maharashtra – senior women’s one day trophy 2021-22

Tripura and Maharashtra locked horns against each other at Maharana Pratap College ground in Dehradun. Batting first, Tripura were bowled out for 139 in 49.2 overs. Maharashtra’s Shraddha Pokharkar, Priyanka Garkhede and Devika Vaidya scalped two wickets apiece. In reply, Maharashtra completed the formalities in just 23.1 overs, winning the match comprehensively by eight wickets. Shivali Shinde led the run chase with an unbeaten 55 off 61 balls. With the ball, Priyanka Acharjee and Rita Debbarmani picked up one wicket each for Tripura.

Jharkhand vs Delhi – senior women’s one day trophy 2021-22

Jharkhand and Delhi played against each other at Abhimanyu Cricket Academy in Dehradun. Batting first, Delhi put up 192 in 50 overs, riding on middle-order bat Ayushi Soni’s breathtaking half-century. Soni mustered 68 runs off 96 balls, including half a dozen boundaries. In reply, Jharkhand were restricted to 168 in 45.3 overs, losing the match by 24 runs. Durga Murmu top scored with 47 runs off 60 balls for Jharkhand. With the ball, Delhi’s Parunika Sisodia was the pick of the bowlers for her team as she accounted for 5-26 in 8.3 overs, while for Jharkhand it was Ashwani Kumari who struck with 4-38 in 10 overs.

Assam vs Kerala – senior women’s one day trophy 2021-22

Kerala took on Assam at Tanush Academy Ground in Dehradun. Batting first, Assam were restricted to 102-8 in 50 overs and in reply, Kerala made lightwork of the chase as they achieved the target in 33.3 overs, winning the match by seven wickets. For Assam, Uma Chetry top scored with 20 runs off 56 balls, including one boundary, while for Kerala, it was Akshaya Sadanandan, who led the run chase with an unbeaten 51 off 95 balls, hitting five boundaries. With the ball, Kerala’s Sajana Sajeevan scalped 4-18 in her 10 overs, while Assam’s Bedashree Borpatragohain, Rashmi Dey, Anamika Bori and Papori Gogoi struck with one wicket apiece.

Also Read:  Match 2: Team Red vs Team Yellow | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Maharashtra, Delhi and Kerala have pocked 4 points each for their wins.

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here