1st T20I: Australia v Pakistan | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

The first T20I of the three-match series between Australia and Pakistan will be played on January 24 at North Sydney Oval in Sydney, Australia. The game will begin at 8.15 AM IST (1.45 PM LOCAL).

1st T20I: Australia v Pakistan | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Before the T20I series, the two teams played a three-match ODI series against each other which Australia clinically won by a 3-0 margin. Will Pakistan redeem themselves in the shorter format or will Australia continue to dominate the show?

Head-to-Head

Australia and Pakistan have played 13 T20Is against each other, out of which Australia have won 11, and two matches did not produce results.

Squads

Australia: Meg Lanning (c), Tahlia McGrath (vc), Darcie Brown, Ashleigh Gardner, Kim Garth, Jess Jonassen, Alana King, Beth Mooney, Ellyse Perry, Megan Schutt, Annabel Sutherland, Grace Harris, Heather Graham, Georgia Wareham

Pakistan: Bismah Maroof (C), Aiman Anwar, Aliya Riaz, Ayesha Naseem, Diana Baig, Fatima Sana, Javeria Khan, Muneeba Ali (wk), Nashra Sandhu, Nida Dar, Omaima Sohail, Sadia Iqbal, Sidra Amin, Sidra Nawaz (wk), Tuba Hassan

Players to Watch

Beth Mooney:

Australia’s prolific left-handed opening batter had a brilliant run in the three-match ODI series against Pakistan, scoring one century and one half-century. She will be expected to carry her form into the T20Is. Besides her batting, she has been good behind the stumps, taking the wicket-keeping responsibility in the absence of Alyssa Healy.

Megan Schutt: 

The right-arm pace sensation of Australia is an experienced campaigner with 88 T20Is under her belt. She is an excellent new ball bowler and can also be effective in the death overs. She can take wickets at will. She has 109 T20I wickets, including three four-wicket hauls.

Also Read:  Big day, big match: Ellyse Perry THE GOAT shines in a must-win encounter against Mumbai Indians

Nida Dar: 

The dashing all-rounder of Pakistan will be required to make valuable contributions with bat and ball in this T20I series. The right-handed middle-order batter has 1603 runs in 124 T20Is, including seven half-centuries. The wily off-spinner also has 118 T20I wickets, with the best of 21/5.

Bismah Maroof:

The captain of Pakistan will be expected to lead from the front with the bat. The left-handed top-order batter has registered over 2500 T20I runs in 121 innings, including 11 half-centuries and the best of 70 not out. She is a batter with solid technique and a good head above her shoulders.

Pitch

The venue has hosted nine women’s T20Is to date. The teams batting first have won four, and the teams batting second have won five. The highest total scored here is 226, and the lowest is 69. The surface is expected to yield plenty of runs.

Weather

The weather is expected to be partly sunny and pleasant. It will be breezy in the afternoon. The maximum temperature attained during the day will be 27 degrees Celsius. There will be a 31 percent cloud cover and a 25 percent chance of rain. The wind will blow from the northeast.

Fantasy Playing XI

Beth Mooney, Meg Lanning, Bismah Maroof, Tahlia McGrath, Nida Dar, Annabel Sutherland, Ashleigh Gardner, Ellyse Perry, Diana Baig, Jess Jonassen, Megan Schutt

Match details

Date: January 24, 2023

Time: 8.15 AM IST (1.45 PM LOCAL)

Venue: North Sydney Oval, Sydney, Australia

Live streaming: Fox Sports and Seven Network (Australia)

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Also Read:  Team Values & Culture are missing in the Pakistan Women's Cricket Setup : Jalal-Ud-Din
Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here