Match 3: West Indies v India | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

The third match of the Women’s T20I tri-series, which features India, South Africa, and the West Indies, will be played on January 23 between West Indies and India at Buffalo Park in East London, South Africa. The game will begin at 10.30 PM IST (7 PM LOCAL).

Match 3: West Indies Women v India Women | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming
Match 3: West Indies Women v India Women | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Both teams will play their second match of the tournament. While West Indies lost to South Africa by 44 runs in their last outing, India beat South Africa by 27 runs in their previous fixture.

Head-to-Head

West Indies and India have played 18 T20Is against each other, out of which West Indies have won eight and India have won 10.

Squads

West Indies: Hayley Matthews (c), Aaliyah Alleyne, Shemaine Campbelle, Shamilia Connell, Britney Cooper, Chedean Nation, Cherry Ann Fraser, Afy Fletcher, Shabika Gajnabi, Sheneta Grimmond, Chinelle Henry, Karishma Ramharack, Kaysia Schultz, Shakera Selman, Stafanie Taylor, Rashada Williams

India: Harmanpreet Kaur (c), Smriti Mandhana (vc), Yastika Bhatia (wk), Jemimah Rodrigues, Harleen Deol, Deepti Sharma, Devika Vaidya, Rajeshwari Gayakwad, Radha Yadav, Renuka Thakur, Meghna Singh, Anjali Sarvani, Sushma Verma (wk), Amanjot Kaur, Pooja Vastrakar, S Meghana, Sneh Rana, Shikha Pandey

Players to watch

Hayley Matthews: 

The captain of West Indies opened the batting and bowling in her last outing against South Africa. The right-handed batter mustered 23 off 35, including three hits to the fence. She also claimed 33/1 in four overs with her off-spin.

Shamilia Connell: 

The right-arm pace sensation of West Indies was the pick of the bowlers in her last appearance against South Africa. She opened the bowling with Hayley Matthews and scalped 17/2 in three overs. She bowled well with the new ball and in the death overs has 98 T20I wickets.

Also Read:  South Africa pips India to register a memorable victory in Tri-Series

Amanjot Kaur: 

The promising all-rounder of India had a dream international debut in her last match against South Africa. The right-handed middle-order batter top-scored with an unbeaten 41 off 30, peppering the boundary rope seven times. She also bowled one over of right-arm medium-pace and conceded six runs. She won the player of the match award in that game.

Deepti Sharma: 

The star all-rounder of India made useful contributions with bat and ball in the last fixture against South Africa. The southpaw batting at number six scored 33 off 23, including one boundary and a six. She also opened the bowling with Anjali Sarvani and accounted for 30/3 in four overs, bowling off-spin.

Pitch

It will be the third game of the tournament at this venue. The teams batting first have won the last two fixtures here. The average first innings score is 144, and the average second innings score is 109. Expect batting-friendly conditions. A run feast could be on the cards.

Weather

The weather is expected to be partly sunny and humid. The maximum temperature attained during the day will be 30 degrees Celsius. There will be a 38 percent cloud cover and a seven percent chance of rain. The wind will blow from the east-northeast.

Fantasy Playing XI

Yastika Bhatia, Britney Cooper, Smriti Mandhana, Deepti Sharma, Devika Vaidya, Hayley Matthews, Amanjot Kaur, Sneh Rana, Shamilia Connell, Radha Yadav, Rajeshwari Gayakwad

Match details

Date: January 23, 2023

Time: 10.30 PM IST (7 PM LOCAL)

Venue: Buffalo Park, East London, South Africa

Live streaming: Star Sports Network

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Also Read:  "If we can do well in the final, a lot of things can change for us," says Harmanpreet Kaur
Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here