3rd ODI: Australia v Pakistan | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

The third and final ODI of the three-match series between Australia and Pakistan will be played on January 21 at North Sydney Oval in Sydney, Australia. The game will begin at 5.35 AM IST (11.05 AM LOCAL). Australia have taken an unassailable lead of 2-0 in the series.

3rd ODI: Australia v Pakistan | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

In the second ODI, Pakistan were skittled for a paltry 125 in 43 overs. Nida Dar top-scored with 24 for Pakistan, while for Australia, Darcie Brown was the most successful bowler with three scalps. In reply, Australia made light work of the run chase as they completed the formalities in 19.2 overs and won the match by 10 wickets. Beth Mooney and Phoebe Litchfield struck half-centuries for the hosts, while the tourists went wicket-less.

Squads

Australia: Meg Lanning (c), Tahlia McGrath (vc), Darcie Brown, Nicola Carey, Ashleigh Gardner, Kim Garth, Jess Jonassen, Alana King, Phoebe Litchfield, Beth Mooney, Ellyse Perry, Megan Schutt, Annabel Sutherland

Pakistan: Bismah Maroof (c), Aliya Riaz, Ayesha Naseem, Diana Baig, Fatima Sana, Kainat Imtiaz, Muneeba Ali, Nashra Sandhu, Nida Dar, Omaima Sohail, Sadaf Shamas, Sadia Iqbal, Sidra Amin, Sidra Nawaz, Tuba Hassan

Players to Watch

Phoebe Litchfield:

The left-handed opening batter of Australia picked up from where she had left in the first ODI as she muscled another half-century in the second game against Pakistan. The southpaw muscled an unbeaten 67 off 61, peppering the boundary rope 10 times. She stitched a 129-run partnership with her opening partner Beth Mooney.

Darcie Brown: 

The right-arm pace sensation of Australia won the player of the match award in the second ODI against Pakistan. She opened the bowling with Kim Garth and scalped 32/3 in eight overs. She generated good pace and swing. She struck in her first over, giving the perfect start to Australia with the ball.

Also Read:  Megan Schutt's 5-Wicket Haul demolished Pakistan's line-up to take 1-0 Lead

Nida Dar: 

The experienced all-rounder of Pakistan top-scored with the bat for her team in the second ODI against Australia. The right-handed middle-order batter fought hard for her 24 off 38 and hit a couple of boundaries. Coming into bowl as the first change, she bowled four overs of off-spin and conceded 32 runs.

Bismah Maroof:

The captain of Pakistan got off to a steady start in the second ODI against Australia. The left-handed top-order batter mustered 21 off 46, finding the fence once in her valiant effort. She will be expected to capitalise on the start and take the onus of her team’s batting, leading from the front.

Pitch

It will be the first game of the series at the venue. 16 women’s ODIs have been played here, with the last being held in 2016. The teams batting first have won five, and the teams batting second have won 11. The highest total scored is 289, and the lowest is 78. With a thick cloud cover and breezy conditions, expect the fast bowlers to get assistance.

Weather

The weather is expected to be cloudy in the morning, and then it will see intervals of clouds and sunshine with a refreshing breeze in the afternoon. The maximum temperature attained during the day will be 24 degrees Celsius. There will be an 81 percent cloud cover and a 25 percent chance of rain. The wind will blow from the east.

Fantasy Playing XI

Beth Mooney, Meg Lanning, Bismah Maroof, Phoebe Litchfield, Nida Dar, Annabel Sutherland, Ashleigh Gardner, Omaima Sohail, Diana Baig, Darcie Brown, Alana King

Also Read:  1st T20I: Australia v Pakistan | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Match details

Date: January 21, 2023

Time: 5.35 AM IST (11.05 AM LOCAL)

Venue: North Sydney Oval, Sydney, Australia

Live streaming: Fox Sports and Seven Network (Australia)

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here