2nd T20I: Australia v Pakistan | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

The second T20I of the three-match series between Australia and Pakistan will be played on January 26 at Bellerive Oval in Hobart, Australia. The game will begin at 1.35 PM IST (7.05 PM LOCAL). Australia lead the series 1-0.

2nd T20I: Australia v Pakistan | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

In the first T20I, batting first, Pakistan were skittled for a modest 118 in 20 overs. Omaima Sohail top-scored with 30 for the tourists, while Megan Schutt wreaked havoc with the ball, claiming a fifer for the hosts. In reply, Australia overhauled the target in 13.4 overs with eight wickets in hand. Ellyse Perry struck a sublime half-century to guide the run chase. On the other hand, Sadia Iqbal and Nida Dar picked one wicket apiece for Pakistan.

Head-to-Head

Australia and Pakistan have played 14 T20Is against each other, out of which Australia have won 12, and two matches did not produce results.

Squads

Australia: Meg Lanning (c), Tahlia McGrath (vc), Darcie Brown, Ashleigh Gardner, Kim Garth, Jess Jonassen, Alana King, Beth Mooney, Ellyse Perry, Megan Schutt, Annabel Sutherland, Grace Harris, Heather Graham, Georgia Wareham

Pakistan: Bismah Maroof (C), Aiman Anwar, Aliya Riaz, Ayesha Naseem, Diana Baig, Fatima Sana, Javeria Khan, Muneeba Ali (wk), Nashra Sandhu, Nida Dar, Omaima Sohail, Sadia Iqbal, Sidra Amin, Sidra Nawaz (wk), Tuba Hassan

Players to Watch

Ellyse Perry:

The star all-rounder of Australia opened the batting in the first T20I against Pakistan. The right-hander muscled an undefeated 57 off 40, peppering the boundary rope seven times and clearing it once. She also bowled a couple of overs of medium-pace and accounted for 3/2.

Also Read:  Preview: 1st ODI – Bangladesh Women v/s Pakistan Women, Squads, Head-to-Head, Dream-XI Fantasy Cricket Tips, Playing XI, Pitch & Injury Report

Megan Schutt: 

The right-arm speedster of Australia registered her best bowling figures in T20Is when she claimed 15/5 in the first match against Pakistan. She opened the bowling with Darcie Brown and bowled exceptionally well with the new ball. The 30-year-old won the player of the match award for her brilliant bowling performance.

Omaima Sohail: 

The right-handed middle-order batter of Pakistan starred with the bat in the first T20I against Australia. She mustered 30 off 36. batting at number six. Her innings was laced with two boundaries. Besides her batting, she can offer services with the ball, bowling off-spin.

Nida Dar:

The experienced all-rounder of Pakistan was one of the two wicket-takers for her side in the first T20I against Australia. The wily right-arm off-spinner picked 17/1 in two overs. She also scored eight off nine, batting at number five. Though she didn’t score big in her last outing, she can be a handy customer with the willow.

Pitch

The venue has hosted four women’s T20Is to date. The teams batting first and second have won two each. The average first innings score is 131, and the average second innings score is 129. Expect a new surface that will yield plenty of runs. A high-scoring contest could be on the cards.

Weather

The weather is expected to be not as warm with a blend of sun and clouds. The maximum temperature attained during the day will be 21 degrees Celsius. There will be a 69 percent cloud cover and a two percent chance of rain. The wind will blow from the southwest.

Also Read:  Jemimah Rodrigues, Tahlia McGrath and Beth Mooney nominated for ICC's Awards

Fantasy Playing XI

Beth Mooney, Meg Lanning, Bismah Maroof, Tahlia McGrath, Ellyse Perry, Nida Dar, Ashleigh Gardner, Omaima Sohail, Alana King, Jess Jonassen, Megan Schutt

Match details

Date: January 26, 2023

Time: 1.35 PM IST (7.05 PM LOCAL)

Venue: Bellerive Oval, Hobart, Australia

Live streaming: Fox Sports and Seven Network (Australia)

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here