Preview : 1st T20I – England vs New Zealand | Squad, Players to Watch, Fantasy 11, Weather Condition

After a scintillating finish to the inaugural Hundred, the eves are ready for some international action. New Zealand’s tour of England starts on September 1 with a T20I. The two teams will face off at County Ground in Chelmsford for the first of the three-match T20I series.

England vs New Zealand Women's Cricket Team
England vs New Zealand Women’s Cricket Team

Squads

England: Tammy Beaumont, Danielle Wyatt, Natalie Sciver, Heather Knight(c), Amy Ellen Jones(w), Sophia Dunkley, Katherine Brunt, Anya Shrubsole, Sophie Ecclestone, Sarah Glenn, Mady Villiers, Freya Davies, Natasha Farrant, Emma Lamb, Charlotte Dean, Maia Bouchier

New Zealand: Sophie Devine(c), Hayley Jensen, Amy Satterthwaite, Lauren Down, Suzie Bates, Katey Martin(w), Brooke Halliday, Jessica McFadyen, Hannah Rowe, Jess Kerr, Lea Tahuhu, Maddy Green, Leigh Kasperek, Thamsyn Newton, Claudia Green, Molly Penfold

Players to watch out for

Natalie Sciver (England): 

She is the number 1 T20I all-rounder in the world. The right-hand bat and right-arm seamer has tremendous contributions in both departments. She has scored 1668 runs in 83 innings, including 10 half-centuries. She has a strike rate of 113.70. With the ball, she has picked 70 wickets in 78 innings, including the best of 4-15.

Sophie Ecclestone (England):

The left-arm spinner is the number 1 T20I bowler in the world. In the 45 matches that she has played so far, she has scalped 64 wickets, including the best of 4-18, which came against New Zealand in Taunton in 2018. She will play a key role if England has to win over the White Ferns.

Also Read:  Match 51: Hobart Hurricanes vs Melbourne Renegades | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Sophie Devine (New Zealand):

The New Zealand skipper is the number 2 T20I all-rounder in the world. The right-hand bat has muscled 2474 runs in 95 innings, including 14 half-centuries and a century. She strikes at 124.25. With the ball, the right-arm quick has accounted for 94 wickets in 86 innings, including the best of 4-22.

Suzie Bates (New Zealand):

With 122 T20Is under her belt, she is the most experienced player in the side. The right-hand bat is the world number 7 T20I batter. She has mustered 3301 runs in 119 innings, including 21 half-centuries and a century. She has a strike rate of 110.62. With the ball, the right arm speedster has contributed with 50 wickets in 80 innings.

Weather Conditions

It is a 6.30 pm local start at Chelmsford. The weather looks good throughout the course of the match as there is no chance of rain. The average temperature is around 17 degrees Celsius with a gentle breeze blowing from the north-east. Light clouds are expected.

Fantasy playing XI

Amy Jones, Amy Satterthwaite, Sophia Dunkley, Suzie Bates, Tammy Beaumont, Heather Knight, Natalie Sciver, Sophie Devine, Leigh Kasperek, Sophie Ecclestone, Tash Farrant

Date: September 1, 2021

Time: 11 pm IST

Venue: County Ground, Chelmsford

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here