Preview : 2nd T20I – England vs New Zealand | Squad, Players to Watch, Fantasy 11, Weather Condition

After winning the first T20I, England will be looking to wrap up the three-match T20I going into the second match which will be played on September 4 at the County Ground in Hove. Heather Knight and co. defeated New Zealand by 46 runs in the opening game of the series at Chelmsford. Tammy Beaumont was awarded the player of the match for her blistering knock of 97. In a must-win game for the White Ferns, Sophie Devine and co. will have to pull up their socks to stay alive in the series. Here’s the preview for the second T20I

Tammy Beaumont scored 97 runs in just 65 Balls. PC: England Cricket / Twitter
Tammy Beaumont scored 97 runs in just 65 Balls. PC: England Cricket / Twitter

Squads

England: Tammy Beaumont, Danielle Wyatt, Natalie Sciver, Heather Knight(c), Amy Ellen Jones(w), Sophia Dunkley, Katherine Brunt, Anya Shrubsole, Sophie Ecclestone, Sarah Glenn, Mady Villiers, Freya Davies, Natasha Farrant, Emma Lamb, Charlotte Dean, Maia Bouchier

New Zealand: Sophie Devine(c), Hayley Jensen, Amy Satterthwaite, Lauren Down, Suzie Bates, Katey Martin(w), Brooke Halliday, Jessica McFadyen, Hannah Rowe, Jess Kerr, Lea Tahuhu, Maddy Green, Leigh Kasperek, Thamsyn Newton, Claudia Green, Molly Penfold

Players to watch out for

Tammy Beaumont (England): The swashbuckling English opener will be riding high on confidence after that master-class of an innings in the first T20I. The right-hand bat muscled 97 off just 65 balls, including 13 boundaries and a six. She played a pivotal part in helping her team put up 184 in 20 overs.

Katherine Brunt (England): The veteran right-arm seamer was the most effective bowler for England in the first T20I. Giving away just nine runs in three overs and picking up two key wickets of Suzie Bates and Amy Satterthwaite, England will want their pace spearhead to fire for the rest of the series.

Also Read:  New Zealand Announced Squad for Australia tour, Amy & Jess Watkin make comeback

Amy Satterthwaite (New Zealand): After losing two quick wickets of Sophie Devine and Suzie Bates, this right hand bat steadied the New Zealand ship. She top-scored with 43 runs off 31 balls and her innings was embellished with eight boundaries. With the ball, the right arm speedster chipped in with a icket of Amy Jones.

Hayley Jensen (New Zealand): She was the most successful bowler for the White Ferns in the first T20I. The quickie scalped 2-26 in her four overs, which included the wickets of Tammy Beaumont and Natalie Sciver. Going into the next game, she would look to shoulder the responsibility of keeping the England batters at bay.

Weather conditions

It is a 7pm local start at Hove. The weather looks good throughout the course of the match as there is no chance of rain. The average temperature is around 18 degrees Celsius with a gentle breeze blowing from the north-east. Sunny intervals are expected.

Pitch

The last time a women’s T20I was played at this venue was on July 11, 2021 between India and England. It was a nail-biting finish as the Women in Blue snatched a win from the jaws of defeat. Harmanpreet Kaur and co. defended 148 as they reduced England to 140-8 in 20 overs. It is a good cricketing venue as it offers a healthy contest between bat and ball.

Fantasy playing XI

Amy Jones, Tammy Beaumont, Amy Satterthwaite, Sophia Dunkley, Hayley Jensen, Katherine Brunt, Natalie Sciver, Sophie Devine, Sarah Glenn, Tash Farrant, Leigh Kasperek

Date: September 4, 2021

Time: 11.30pm IST

Also Read:  Record: Meg Lanning's side match Ponting's record of 21 Consecutive Wins in ODIs

Venue: County Ground, Hove

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here