2nd T20I: South Africa vs New Zealand | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

With the first game of the series being abandoned, hosts South Africa are all set to take on New Zealand in the 2nd T20I. The match is scheduled for Sunday, 8th October, at Buffalo Park at 5:30 PM Indian Standard Time (IST).

2nd T20I: South Africa vs New Zealand | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Squads:

South Africa: Laura Wolvaardt (C), Anneke Bosch, Tazmin Brits, Nadine de Klerk, Mieke de Ridder, Lara Goodall, Sinalo Jafta, Marizanne Kapp, Ayabonga Khaka, Masabata Klaas, Suné Luus, Nonkululeko Mlaba, Tumi Sekhukhune, Nondumiso Shangase, Chloé Tryon, Delmi Tucker

New Zealand: Sophie Devine (C), Kate Anderson, Suzie Bates, Bernadine Bezuidenhout, Eden Carson, Bella Armstrong, Maddy Green, Brooke Halliday, Fran Jonas, Melie Kerr, Jess Kerr, Molly Penfold, Georgia Plimmer, Hannah Rowe, Lea Tahuhu

Players to watch out:

Tazmin Brits:

32-year-old Tazmin Brits will be a player to watch out for. In 39 matches, she has amassed 935 runs with an average of 31.16 and has recorded a high score of 78. Despite a dip in form in the ODIs, South Africa will be expecting her to perform well in the T20I matches.

Nonkululeko Mlaba:

Spinner Nonkululeko Mlaba can prove to be a game-changer. In 36 T20Is, she has taken 31 wickets with best figures of 3/10. She performed well in the ODIs and with the pitch assisting spinners, we can expect her to do well.

Suzie Bates:

A legend of the game, all-rounder Suzie Bates can be a match-winner for New Zealand. In 146 matches, she has scored 3953 runs and has taken 56 wickets. Despite her average going down in the past few games, we can expect her to do well in this match.

Also Read:  Laura Wolvaardt's unbeaten 124 powers South Africa to a Series Win against New Zealand

Eden Carson:

22-year-old Eden Carson will be a player to watch out for. In 15 matches, she has taken 20 wickets with best figures of 3/18. Moreover, with the pitch being favorable for spinners we can expect her to perform well and turn the match in New Zealand’s favor.

Pitch:

The pitch at Buffalo Park is expected to provide conditions favorable for bowling. Spinners in particular can expect some assistance from the pitch.

Weather:

Rainy conditions can be expected during the match with the temperature being 19 degree Celsius and humidity being 65%.

Fantasy playing XI:

Izzy Gaze, Laura Wolvaardt, Suzie Bates, Sophie Devine Chloe Tryon, Marizanne Kapp, Amelia Kerr, Nadine de Klerk, Lea Tahuhu, Masabata Klaas, Nonkululeko Mlaba

Match details:

Date – 8th October, 2023

Time – 5:30 PM, IST

Venue – Buffalo Park, East London

Broadcast – The game will be live-streamed on the FanCode App and Website.

Vaishnavi is a passionate author with an unwavering love for cricket, particularly women’s cricket. Her writing reflects her deep admiration for the sport and her dedication to promoting women’s participation in it. When she’s not following the latest cricket matches, Vaishnavi can be found engrossed in books or enjoying movies.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here