Marizanne Kapp takes 5-Wicket Haul, Records Career Best Bowling Figures

Marizanne Kapp, the experienced South Africa all-rounder made history on Monday against England in the 2022 WC match as she picked her maiden 5 wicket haul in her ODI career. This was the first 5 wicket haul in 2022 World Cup and the best bowling figures by a South African bowler.

Marizanne Kapp takes 5-Wicket Haul, Records Career Best Bowling Figures. PC: ICC/Getty Images
Marizanne Kapp takes 5-Wicket Haul, Records Career Best Bowling Figures. PC: ICC/Getty Images

In this excellent spell, Kapp regularly bowled stumps to stumps keeping it straight and took all her 5 wickets in the off side region finishing her spell with 5 for 45 runs picking big wickets of England’s top 3 in Beaumont, Wyatt and Knight. She completed her 5 wicket haul taking the wickets of Brunt and Cross at the end of her spell.

In her illustrious 12 year career, she has been excellent with bat finishing of innings in style by scoring 2066 runs 100 innings with one century and 9 fifties. With the ball, she has picked 142 wickets in 116 innings with 4 four wicket haul and one 5 wicket haul. She has picked 25 wickets against West Indies, 22 against India and has scored 406 runs against Pakistan and 348 runs against India.

With Kapp still being 32, she still has a lot to offer for South Africa women in the middle order and will be making sure to continue setting examples to the rest of side through these phenomenal performances.

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates around Women’s Cricket World Cup 2022

Dhanush Lavanya

I’m a Content Writer, Podcaster and Presenter. I’ve written 100+ articles across various sports and produced 50+ Podcast episodes. You can find my podcast “The Off Stump” on Spotify.

Also Read:  Laura Wolvaardt to lead South Africa for upcoming series against New Zealand
Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here