1st ODI: Australia vs West Indies | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Following Australia’s 2-1 Twenty20 International (T20I) series win over visitors West Indies, the 2nd leg of the bilateral series is set to kick off on the 8th of October, 2023, with the first of 3 One-Day Internationals (ODIs) at Allan Border Field, Brisbane, at 5:05 AM Indian Standard Time (IST).

West Indies to take on Australia in a limited over 3 ODI and 3 T20I series. PC: Getty
West Indies to take on Australia in a limited over 3 ODI and 3 T20I series. PC: Getty

Squads:

Australia – Alyssa Healy (C, WK), Tahlia McGrath (VC), Darcie Brown, Ashleigh Gardner, Kim Garth, Jess Jonassen, Alana King, Phoebe Litchfield, Beth Mooney, Ellyse Perry, Megan Schutt, Annabel Sutherland, Georgia Wareham

West Indies – Hayley Matthews (C), Shemaine Campbelle (VC), Aaliyah Alleyne, Shamilia Connell, Afy Fletcher, Cherry Ann Fraser, Shabika Gajnabi, Jannillea Glasgow, Chinelle Henry, Zaida James, Djenaba Joseph, Ashmini Munisar, Karishma Ramharack, Stafanie Taylor, Rashada Williams

Players to watch out:

Ashleigh Gardner

The 26-year-old spin all-rounder has accumulated 846 runs from 40 ODI outings with the bat, while with the ball, she has taken 71 wickets from only 54 outings. Gardner hasn’t had the best start to her summer, especially with the bat. However, she would look to spend some time in the middle during the One-Dayers to regain her form and also contain runs with the ball in hand.

Annabel Sutherland

The 21-year-old pace all-rounder, in 12 ODI outings, has scored 342 runs, including the highest score of 109*, and has also picked up 16 wickets from 18 bowling innings. Annabel, in the T20Is against West Indies, managed starts in both her outings and will look to capitalize on them in the ODIs, while with the ball, was on the receiving end and will aim to make a comeback.

Also Read:  Hayley Matthews and co. ready to take on Australia in a limited over bilateral series

Stafanie Taylor

The 32-year-old spin all-rounder, in ODIs, has amassed 5501 runs from 145 batting innings, including the highest score of 171. From 133 bowling innings, she has taken 153 wickets. Taylor looked in decent touch during the T20I leg of the series and even notched up a 59 in the 2nd T20I. She’ll take a lot of confidence from that innings and aim to capitalize on it in the ODIs, the format where she averages 44.72.

Shamilia Connell

The 31-year-old pacer, in 61 ODI appearances, has taken 46 wickets, maintaining an economy rate of 4.65, with her best bowling figures being 4/54. Shamilia has looked good with the ball in this series so far, although she has been a little expensive. She produced 5 breakthroughs in 2 T20I outings, following her wicketless outing in the series opener.

Pitch:

The center wicket at the Allan Border Field, Brisbane, offers a relatively balanced playing field as the conditions favor both batters and bowlers. Spinners, in particular, gain an advantage from the conditions, resulting in a modest average score at the venue.

Weather:

It’ll be a bright sunny day at Allan Border Field, Brisbane, with the temperature expected to hover around 22°C with moderate winds, and a humidity level of 54%. A minimal 10% chance of rain promises us a complete game of cricket.

Fantasy playing XI:

Beth Mooney, Ellyse Perry, Stafanie Taylor, Phoebe Litchfield, Hayley Matthews, Ashleigh Gardner, Tahlia McGrath, Annabel Sutherland, Shamilia Connell, Megan Schutt, Alana King

Match details:

Date – October 8, 2023

Time – 5:05 AM IST

Venue – Allan Border Field, Brisbane

Also Read:  Chinelle Henry makes a comeback as West Indies announces squad for T20 series against India

Broadcast – The game will be broadcast on the Seven Network and Fox Sports, and it will also be available for streaming on Kayo Sports.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here