1st T20I: England vs New Zealand | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming | Pitch Report

Following England’s dominant 3-0 One-Day International (ODI) series win over visitors New Zealand; the series moves to its 2nd leg for the 5-match Twenty20 International (T20I) series. The T20I opener gets underway at 7:00 PM Indian Standard Time (IST) on the 6th of July 2024, at The Rose Bowl, Southampton.

1st T20I: England vs New Zealand
1st T20I: England vs New Zealand

Squads:

England – Heather Knight (C), Lauren Bell, Maia Bouchier, Alice ⁠Capsey, Charlie ⁠Dean, Sophia Dunkley, Sophie ⁠Ecclestone, Lauren Filer, Danielle Gibson, Sarah Glenn, ⁠Bess Heath, Amy ⁠Jones, Freya ⁠Kemp, Nat Sciver-Brunt, Linsey Smith, Danielle Wyatt

New Zealand – Sophie Devine (C), Suzie Bates, Eden Carson, Izzy Gaze (WK), Maddy Green, Mikaela Greig, Brooke Halliday, Fran Jonas, Jess Kerr, Melie Kerr, Molly Penfold, Georgia Plimmer, Hannah Rowe

Players to watch out:

Maia Bouchier

The 25-year-old top-order batter, from 24 T20I innings, has accumulated 470 runs, including a highest of 91, averaging 24.73 and striking at 121.13. Though Maia didn’t score many runs against Pakistan in her most recent T20I campaign, earlier this year against New Zealand she registered consecutive scores of 71 and 91, and in the recently concluded ODI series, she registered scores of 67, 100*, and 19. Given her form, she’ll be counted on to lead the scoring.

Danielle Gibson

The 23-year-old bowling all-rounder in T20Is, from 15 outings, has taken 8 wickets with an economy rate of 7.69 and from 12 innings, she has added 133 runs to the tally at a strike rate of 135.71. Danielle, in her most recent T20I campaign against Pakistan, registered scores of 41*, 18*, and 13, but wasn’t at her best with the ball, returning figures of 0/30 (3), 0/16 (2), and 1/29 (4). She has found her rhythm in domestic cricket and will be relied upon for the goods.

Also Read:  Head to Head between England and Pakistan Women in ODI World Cup

Melie Kerr

The 23-year-old all-rounder, from 53 T20I innings, has amassed 1023 runs at an average of 27.64 and from 69 outings, she has secured 70 wickets at an economy rate of 5.96. Melie in the ODIs this series, while only bagging a wicket from 3 outings, has been economical, and her scores with the bat read 10, 43, and 57. The team will count on the seasoned all-rounder to step up her efforts, especially with the bat.

Hannah Rowe

The 27-year-old pacer, from 35 T20I outings, has taken 21 scalps, including a best of 3/18, maintaining an economy rate of 7.55 and she has also chipped in scoring 152 runs from 18 innings. Hannah has had an outstanding series thus far, returning figures of 3/42, 0/15, and 2/38. It is hoped she carries this momentum into the T20Is, continuing to spearhead the bowling attack.

Pitch:

The center wicket at The Rose Bowl provides ample support for batters, making it a favorable surface with an average score in the 130s. However, pacers also have opportunities to make an impact and exploit the conditions to their advantage.

Weather:

Southampton promises ideal conditions with clear sunny skies overhead and a minimal chance of rain. The temperature is expected to hover around 18°C, with moderate winds and humidity at 59%.

Fantasy playing XI:

Amy ⁠Jones, Maia Bouchier, Danielle Wyatt, Sophia Dunkley, Nat Sciver-Brunt, Melie Kerr, Sophie Devine, Danielle Gibson, Charlie ⁠Dean, Hannah Rowe, Sophie ⁠Ecclestone

Match details:

Date – July 06, 2024

Time – 7:00 PM IST

Venue – The Rose Bowl, Southampton

Also Read:  Where to watch the ODI series between England and New Zealand Women? Live Streaming Details

Broadcast – The game will be live-streamed on the FanCode app and website.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here